Valhalla remake on Android platform

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
coolman
Drutt

Valhalla remake on Android platform

Post by coolman »

Hello,

I'm developing an android game based on Spectrum Valhalla text adventure game. I am looking for alpha / beta test users and ideas of new Valhalla.

I need new ideas while developing game. Because I have in mind is 2 mode game: network based multi player and classic single user game based on Valhalla. But I am not sure if I am stick with the original story and original solution / rule set of the game.

If there are people would like to become part of alpha test, I've uploaded first public alpha version to xda labs. Here is the link to download:

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/a ... s.valhalla

I attach a screen shot of latest developing alpha version to give an idea.

Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Re: Valhalla remake on Android platform

Post by Alessandro »

Looks interesting! Valhalla was an old favorite of mine back in the day, I believe you should at least keep as a game option the possibility of playing the traditional single-player adventure.
coolman
Drutt

Post by coolman »

I will try to do my best on classic game to be able to replicate original game play. But it uwill not be easy unless I do reverse engineering to the BASIC source code.

Anyway, my idea is as follows:

On network game mode: There will 36 characters named original characters in original Valhalla such as Odin, Skadi, etc. But these characters will be identical in contrast of original story. Each networked player will take one of 36 characters at randomly. 37th network player must wait until some player dies at Valhalla. Each network player will play against other 35 characters to gain same goals, such as collect Grimnir, Skornir etc. If there are less than 36 network users play the game, some players will be played by computer. But they don't act by themselves in contrast of original Valhalla.

On classic game mode: Player will play with other 36 characters, as original game but I haven't figured out how should I implement other characters' AI model at this game mode yet.

And another game mode is Guest Mode: In guest mode, player will visit Valhalla while other players playing the network game. Player can visit any place without any restriction but player cannot interact with any object or character.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Wow, of all the Speccy games to choose I'd never have seen this one as inspirational potential for a mobile platform game... Especially for a networked one :lol:

Valhalla seemed quite innovative at the time but I didn't really got the hang of playing it. That may have been because I first played it a few years after release and was put off by its sluggish printing and input parsing.

Will be interesting to see how it eventually works. :D
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
coolman
Drutt

Post by coolman »

I abandoned the project that I started 3 years ago and started a new one. I hope this time I will finish it. I will publish it as soon as there is a playable game. There will 3 options to give command:
1. Classic keyboard (text) based commands
2. Point and click based commands
3. Voice assisted commands (needs microphone record permission). This feature is ready and working but If google thinks this is a sensitive permission, and makes it longer to approve the game, I may drop this feature.

I attach a screen shot:

coolman
Drutt

Post by coolman »

If I will publish this game at Google Play Store and Apple App Store, will I get any trouble with copyright issues?