What are your current Spectrum projects?

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
Joefish
Manic Miner

Re: What are your current Spectrum projects?

Post by Joefish » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:39 pm
Long delays could be an opportunity for some proper in game beeper FX too.
Thinking about this, I don't want to add a big artificial delay in there. But I could do the sort of thing I did with Buzzsaw+, and integrate the beeper loop with the screen copy loop (in Buzzsaw+ a beeper 0/1 was generated after each line of multicolour was copied).

The screen copy loop takes around 1.4 frames. If the game can run in 3 frames then that's nearly a 50% duty cycle for sound effects. I suppose I could artificially extend that period of speaker control, but I doubt I could do anything else productive with that extra time other than twiddle the speaker. If I entered a different loop to do something else then the sound frequency would shift (unless the loop had exactly the same timing as the screen copy). And I wouldn't want to extend it so the game goes any slower than 4 frames.

Come to think of it, the timing of a screen copy is going to be all over the place as it goes in and out of contention, so maybe that's not the best idea I've had...
0 x

Climacus
Berk

Post by Climacus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:58 am

MatGubbins wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 am
Climacus wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:25 am
By now, I dont have any time for coding. Perhaps after summer.
The last Ive done for Spectrum is a video-series (in Spanish) analizing the code of Martianoids in this blog.
Perhaps it can be useful.

https://analisiscodigomartianoids.blogspot.com/

Nice!!
way back in 2002, I wrote a map editor for Martianoids
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=16646
Great!!!
Very interesting!!!!!
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Joefish wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:00 pm
Come to think of it, the timing of a screen copy is going to be all over the place as it goes in and out of contention, so maybe that's not the best idea I've had...
You're more of a perfectionist than me! I'd be happy with a (slightly clunky) nearly but not quite constant framerate. I think some decent sounds could be achieved just by 'animating' the speaker twiddles/calculated delays during the spare 2 or so frames every loop.
0 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:37 pm

Finally some bad weather! Managed to get plenty of coding done on Bean Brothers.
4 x