An oldie

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
animaal
Microbot

An oldie

Post by animaal »

A bit of a "niche" effort I'm working on for the Speccy, I wonder if this is familiar to anybody?

Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Re: An oldie

Post by Pegaz »

Of course, its Parsec.
Are you making a conversion ?
animaal
Microbot

Post by animaal »

Ah well spotted.

Yes, I was a big fan of the TI99/4a when I was younger, and disappointed that there was never an accurate 8-bit port of Parsec. The two I know of (Atari 2600 and 800XL) weren't that close.

I have permission from Texas Instruments to make a Speccy port. It's mostly done.
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

Looking forward to the port. It doesn't seem too taxing on the hardware so hopefully it runs at at least 25 fps?

The refuelling tunnel looks a bit brutal in the original though what with it being extremely tight, I wonder if you make that a bit more forgiving? On the other hand that would make it less accurate as a port.
MonkZy
Manic Miner

Post by MonkZy »

I had not heard of this game until today (I never used a TI). Looks like a good game to port over. Will the Spectrum version have the speech from the original?
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

animaal wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:05 am Ah well spotted.

Yes, I was a big fan of the TI99/4a when I was younger, and disappointed that there was never an accurate 8-bit port of Parsec. The two I know of (Atari 2600 and 800XL) weren't that close.

I have permission from Texas Instruments to make a Speccy port. It's mostly done.
I'm also a TI-99/4a fan and Parsec is definitely the best game on the system from the old days.
Only a few recent titles (mostly Rasmus Moustgaard conversions) have that or a higher level of quality.
I'm very glad you're making a Spectrum port and I can't wait to see it. :)
animaal
Microbot

Post by animaal »

Ok, it's done.

It could probably do with some more tuning and bugfixing, but at least I've ironed out the problems with the loader.

I always wanted to develop a "real" game for the Speccy, so that's one thing to tick off the bucket list :)