Frumpy

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Re: Frumpy

Post by bob_fossil »

005:
  • On completing a room, you can now press left to retry it (to improve your time) or jump to move onto the next.
  • Rooms now have codes. When you start a game, you can enter a room code to start from a specific room or just press ENTER to start from the first screen.
Download here.
Ersh
Manic Miner

Post by Ersh »

Great! Though after a level is completed you might want to check that no keys (or joystick input) are being pressed before polling for retry/continue. If the player keeps holding left to complete the level (ex. on Don't You Open That Trap Door!) there's a risk that Retry is accidentally selected.
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

Released as part of Woot 2021, a small 6 screen festive themed update in the shape of Frumpy - Christmas Jumper.

Great news if you liked the original Frumpy. A terrible early Christmas present if you didn't.

Download here.
Spud
Manic Miner

Post by Spud »

That was great fun (Frumpy Xmas) - thank you for making it! I nearly smashed my laptop up on the final level but I got there in the end :)
bob_fossil
Manic Miner

Post by bob_fossil »

Spud wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:24 am That was great fun (Frumpy Xmas) - thank you for making it! I nearly smashed my laptop up on the final level but I got there in the end :)
Thanks! I did wonder whether I'd over egged the Christmas pudding but the last screen in the original Frumpy was a bit of a git as well. :)