More weekend stuff

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
+3code

More weekend stuff

Post by +3code »

Well, boys and girls, here is my last BASIC program, an EXCLUSIVE pre-release for SpectrumComputing :lol: Really, it was only a proof of concept, but i find it playable, so here is it. It's an easy small-mini-game.

https://sites.google.com/site/samneverc ... ects=0&d=1

Controls:
O-Left
P-Right
Q-Up
A-Down
SPACE to open boxes and to speak with NPC
I for INFO/STATUS

I've translated it to english, but my friend Shakespeare is just on vacation today, so sorry for the mistakes. The game doesn't have too much music so I've included as bonus a few MIDIs I composed while programming.

Bye.
+3code

Re: More weekend stuff

Post by +3code »

I've added to the zip file a version in .MGT disk, for 128 with +D. Same link.
Freespirit
Microbot

Post by Freespirit »

A nice little game, amazing what you can achieve in basic. Very playable. Seems a lot more than a proof of concept. How long did it take?
+3code

Post by +3code »

Freespirit wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:48 pm A nice little game, amazing what you can achieve in basic. Very playable. Seems a lot more than a proof of concept. How long did it take?
Thanks. It's really BASIC with MC handled from BASIC. CharAde and FourSpriter are of course MC, and I use graphics produced with SQIJER (also, too MC handled from BASIC) and a few other MC routines, most of them taken from old magazines. I have not measured time, I was doing it at times. I just remember sailing through rivers of Randomizes, seas of Pokes, and oceans of spaghetti code. Really fun :D With the pandemic there has been a lot of free time.