Sophia 1-bit fanart.

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Re: Sophia 1-bit fanart.

Post by Ast A. Moore »

RMartins wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:11 pmI'll make a mental note, to never critic your work Ast A. Moore, since I have no desire to offend.
I think you misunderstood the tone of my post. It wasn’t a jab at you; just a overture to the lighthearted humor that followed.

Perhaps it’s a language thing. In English, to criticize and to critique (or to offer critique) are not quite the same thing, and the adjective critical can mean many things, as well. So, by all means, do critique my work, if you so chose.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Ersh
Manic Miner

Post by Ersh »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:53 pm I think you’re being overly critical. I don’t have a problem with any of the things you mention. My only slight gripe is with the shuriken, which looks like a meat-grinder cross knife. :D
If you've played the game, you'll know the horror of the trap rooms, 'meat-grinder cross knife' isn't far off, poor Sophia. ;)

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism. Like RMartin said, a fresh perspective from someone who hasn't spent hours staring at the same picture is very useful. Back in the day, I often took a break for a few days from a drawing, just to be able to look at things with 'new eyes'. I also still use a mirror (even digitally) to spot asymmetry and errors. It's all about improving one's techniques, getting better as we go. :)
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:23 pm I think you misunderstood the tone of my post. It wasn’t a jab at you; just a overture to the lighthearted humor that followed.

Perhaps it’s a language thing. In English, to criticize and to critique (or to offer critique) are not quite the same thing, and the adjective critical can mean many things, as well. So, by all means, do critique my work, if you so chose.
I was not offended, just though it was better to clarify my intention.

I'm not a native english speaker, so I might not have explained myself well enough. I apologize if that was the case.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

RMartins wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:49 pm I might not have explained myself well enough. I apologize if that was the case.
No worries, man! We’re cool.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Ersh wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:49 pm If you've played the game, you'll know the horror of the trap rooms, 'meat-grinder cross knife' isn't far off, poor Sophia. ;)
I was thinking more along the lines of, “Sophia—she’s good at killing baddies and making you favorite beef patties!” :lol:

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:56 pm
RMartins wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:49 pm I might not have explained myself well enough. I apologize if that was the case.
No worries, man! We’re cool.
Peter! Things are kicking off!
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm Peter! Things are kicking off!
Whoa, I didn’t quite expect the Spanish Inquisition. But then . . .

Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Well, I am happy to see the game also sparked this kind of interest in it :D

I quite like the picture, nothwithstanding the fact that I imagined Sophia as a Chibi character, rather than the "regular" anime one depicted there.
Ersh
Manic Miner

Post by Ersh »

Alessandro wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:54 am Well, I am happy to see the game also sparked this kind of interest in it :D

I quite like the picture, nothwithstanding the fact that I imagined Sophia as a Chibi character, rather than the "regular" anime one depicted there.
Let's just pretend that Yojar cast a temporary de-chibi-fying spell on little Sophia. ;)

Any plans for a sequel? :)
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Not a sequel in a strict sense, but I have been thinking about a crossover with the Seto Taisho storyline...