The Christmas ZX Spectrum Quiz

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

The Christmas ZX Spectrum Quiz

Post by RoseTintedSpectrum »

Howdy folks!

I'm going to be hosting a (not very festive) ZX Spectrum quiz on the 17th of December over on Twitch, mostly just for fun but there are some incredibly poor prizes up for grabs. I may add more to that, but I thought it would be more on brand to go with the random tat I've scraped up.

It'll all be interactive, I've spent the best part of the past 2 hours just writing up the first 30 questions, but I'm aiming to make it roughly 30 minutes (60 questions in all) going Easy, Medium, Hard, and then back through Easy, Medium, Hard just to give people's brains a rest. We'll see!

Anyway, if you'd like to join in, the details are in the delightful attached image, but if your eyes hurt from looking at that:

17th December, stream starts at 18:30 where I'll probably be playing some horrible Christmas themed ZX Spectrum games, then the quiz will start proper at 20:00. The app I'm using provides points for "fastest finger" as well as correct answer, so it should be a bitter fight, which is just what every Christmas quiz should be.

Violent.

www.twitch.com/rosetintedspectrum should get you to the right spot. Unless it doesn't, and in that case, I can only apologise for being useless.

Cheers all, and merry Christmas to you and yours!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: The Christmas ZX Spectrum Quiz

Post by R-Tape »

RoseTintedSpectrum wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:04 pm The app I'm using provides points for "fastest finger" as well as correct answer, so it should be a bitter fight, which is just what every Christmas quiz should be.
Sounds fun. Not sure yet, but if I can I will. I'm rusty with Twitch - do we need any extra functionality installed to take part?

Also (don't read before the 15th December 2022):
Spoiler
I predict you will buy a pack of Hobnobs on 14th December 2022. From SPAR.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

R-Tape wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:49 pm Sounds fun. Not sure yet, but if I can I will. I'm rusty with Twitch - do we need any extra functionality installed to take part?

Also (don't read before the 15th December 2022):
Spoiler
I predict you will buy a pack of Hobnobs on 14th December 2022. From SPAR.
Yes and no - from what I can see, all you need to do is come to the stream and there's a button on the side where you click "Allow Quiz thingy". I'll make sure everyone is sorted before I start!
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Sounds good. What do we need to play and what is a twitch?
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

So basically, if I've understood the instructions because I've never done this before and I was too stupid to test it beforehand.

You go to: www.twitch.tv/rosetintedspectrum

My face will be there, probably looking confused and tired, and you should see an option "allow" Quiz Kit. Once you've done that, the questions and answers appear on the screen and you just click on the answer you think is correct. It's a bit like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? but it'll be a bit more like Who Wants to Even Be Here?
Evil Genius
Manic Miner

Post by Evil Genius »

Im there now, just made an account (borkedagain)
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

You WERE there, you big winner you.

sn3j
Manic Miner

Post by sn3j »

Wasn't up for raiding the girls channels, I guess I'm just out of age to do that. :lol:
Great quiz.
POKE 23614,10: STOP      1..0 hold, SS/m/n colors, b/spc toggle
Evil Genius
Manic Miner

Post by Evil Genius »

Well, in a complete break with tradition, I actually won something. Thanks for hosting the quiz RTS and everyone else for taking part!

Obligatory dancing banana: :dance