Fuse stopped working on MacOS 13.0.1

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
ChaseHQ
Drutt

Fuse stopped working on MacOS 13.0.1

Post by ChaseHQ »

Evening all,

My Fuse app has stopped working right before the xmas holidays! For a bit of background, it was working fine all day, I switched from the 128K core to a Timex core (in error, meant to hop back to 48K) which crash immediately. I then re-opened it and its been in a loop of crashes every time :(

I deleted my install of Fuse after failing to get it working, then reinstalled a fresh copy from the website, sadly this also not working at all, any ideas of what to do? Totally out of ideas and im gutted. Merry zxmas all :)
Newbie Speccy Fan since 2018, long time lurcher

Let's go Mr Driver!!
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Fuse stopped working on MacOS 13.0.1

Post by TMD2003 »

It's been a long time since I used a Mac, but if you know where your fuse.cfg is held, the chances are you'll be able to edit it manually.

Though I've looked at mine and I'm not sure what I'd be editing to force it back to rubber-key mode...
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

Hi @ChaseHQ

You could try deleting the Fuse preferences file. (I don't think reinstalling Fuse will clear it).

It lives in Preferences directory within your user Library directory (be careful in there if you're not familiar, don't delete anything else!):

Code: Select all

~/Library/Preferences/FusePreferences.plist
In Finder, you can press SHIFT + CMD + G to pop open the "Goto" dilogue and paste in "~/Library/Preferences/", then look or search for the Fuse file. Again, be careful in there!

If you delete the file it will be automatically recreated by Fuse next time you open the preferences window (with all the default settings applied).

Hope that helps!
ChaseHQ
Drutt

Post by ChaseHQ »

Hi @flatduckrecords

Yes perfect that worked! Good to know for the future also!

Thanks so much for your prompt response, look forward to getting back to it

Merry zxmas :D :D
Newbie Speccy Fan since 2018, long time lurcher

Let's go Mr Driver!!