Searching for the loading screen author

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
moroz1999
Manic Miner

Searching for the loading screen author

Post by moroz1999 »

Sometimes I'm guessing the loading screens authors by combination of style, geography, colleagues, publishing labels or their works on other platforms.
I want to make this topic to openly discuss each case before adding the information into ZXDB.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=35513 - this one has a nice loading screen of 1994 year with RJ painted on it. The only RJ from Slovakia I know is Radoslav Javor, who fits perfectly by style (try to compare his textures on this image in question and in-game graphics from 1993).

I'm 99% sure that RJ here is Rado Javor.
moroz1999
Manic Miner

Re: Searching for the loading screen author

Post by moroz1999 »

Another one discussion has started in ZXDB fixes.

viewtopic.php?p=106234#p106234 - my original post
viewtopic.php?p=106236#p106236 - response by @StooB

I'm sure that Implosion's loading screen author is actually John Cassells.
pros: He's worked in same development team, he has really similar style in ACE 2 and Star Wars images and he has done the loading screen for c64 version which has a really similar layout.
cons: his signature was CAS, not S (if this is really S). I've seen really many cases with different signatures used by same artist on loading screens, but this is a strong point anyway.

What do you think, can this be John Cassels?
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

moroz1999 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:19 pm cons: his signature was CAS, not S (if this is really S). I've seen really many cases with different signatures used by same artist on loading screens, but this is a strong point anyway.

What do you think, can this be John Cassels?
Do we have other sources for the loading screen? In a previous thread someone thought "Doc" was the loading screen artist, however "Doc" was the cracker. Is "S" the artist or another cracker?
moroz1999
Manic Miner

Post by moroz1999 »

Stefan wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:51 amDo we have other sources for the loading screen?
It seems like re-releases also have same S letter on the loading screen.