2023 Charity Drive: 24 Hours of Dizzy

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

2023 Charity Drive: 24 Hours of Dizzy

Post by RoseTintedSpectrum »

Those who've been following me for a while will know that, each year, I aim to do a charity drive. The past couple years has been in support of Mind, but this year things have hit closer to my own community. Some of you may already know Mike Richmond as the developer behind a few modern ZX Spectrum titles (as well as other systems) - but he's been a member of my own community for as long as I remember, and this year has been and exceptionally difficult one.

I'll leave you with Mike's words here:

In April 2023, I will be dedicating a full weekend to playing Dizzy games live on Twitch, raising money for GOSH and raising awareness of organ donation in the UK, dedicated in full to Aurora and Mike's family. So far, the community has outdone themselves to make this the biggest year yet:

MoreFunMakingIt, Lee Smith's Workshop and LostRetroTapes have put forward items to raffle off that have genuinely blown me away, including an Amiga 500 and a 100% new reproduction Speccy - with ZX renew case and brand new repo box and polys... But I'm not willing to stop there. For the next 3 months I'll be rounding up more prizes, more guests, more of everything - to make sure this event lives up to the cause. I hope you'll join me in that, whether it's sharing the news of the stream (dates will come closer to the time), watching, shouting at me from afar, whatever... I'm determined to make this the biggest push yet.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Re: 2023 Charity Drive: 24 Hours of Dizzy

The prize pool for this has gone insane, and there's more to come. Will be ironing out the finer details on how to choose winners, but I will most likely aim to provide 1 "ticket" per X amount donated, and then go on a first picked, first choice basis.

The donations so far:

Amiga 500 from MoreFunMakingIt
Repro ZX Spectrum + Extras from LostRetroTapes
Zip Stick from Lee Smith's Workshop
Historic Pin Badges from Violet Berlin's Journalistic Adventures (from Violet Berlin, obviously)
Gamesmaster: The Oral History from JBoneDS
Packs of retro indie games from Black Country Games & Infinite State games.
A600, potentially with added bonuses, donated by one of my own patrons and spruced up by MoreFunMakingIt.
Fully boxed C64 from Dan Tootill.

There's still 4 months to go, so expect that pool to grow!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

RoseTintedSpectrum wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:54 pm The donations so far:
Nice on RT, this is already looking good. These streams are starting to become an Easter fixture for me! At the very least I'll donate and watch.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

R-Tape wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:15 pm Nice on RT, this is already looking good. These streams are starting to become an Easter fixture for me! At the very least I'll donate and watch.
This one may or may not be happening ON Easter (hence the "April" tag) because I may... Be doing something pretty bloody huge and official with Bad Influence. It just so happens that it may be happening on the Easter weekend, so it'll still definitely be happening AROUND then, I just need to work out what the craic is with that first!