Diamantes, a MIA?

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Hernan
Drutt

Diamantes, a MIA?

Post by Hernan »

Hi!

A while ago the user "Ezequiel" from the argentine Retrocomputacion.com forum rescued a lot of tapes from "Valente", a popular computer shop here in Buenos Aires. Among those tapes there was a game called "Diamantes" (Diamonds) which I can't find it listed anywhere. It's even TS2068 compatible!

Download it from here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgPCAEAr-t4Cxy_gKT6f7MbK1wMq

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Diamantes, a MIA?

Post by R-Tape »

Looks lovely, and I can't find any hint of it in ZXDB either. Looks like we have a new entry.

Thanks!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Not just any old MIA, this is a really good maze game!

So LED Soft is the publisher, is Valente Computacion only the distributer? (not publisher #2?)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

It would be great if Ezequiel also has the inlay* and original price :-)

*(plus any other missing Valente games/inlays)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

I find it amazing that after 35 years, these gems are still being found. Fantastic?
Hernan
Drutt

Post by Hernan »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:36 pm Not just any old MIA, this is a really good maze game!

So LED Soft is the publisher, is Valente Computacion only the distributer? (not publisher #2?)
I don't know for sure. Valente Computacion was a very popular computer shop, but it only sold pirate copies of games (originals were almost non-existant here in the 80s). And it usually added their logo onto the loading screens of games. so, maybe they distributed this or (most probably) just pirated it :lol:
R-Tape wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:53 pm It would be great if Ezequiel also has the inlay* and original price :-)

*(plus any other missing Valente games/inlays)
Don't think they had an inlay, Valente usually copied games on tapes you gave to them. Original price is also irrelevant as at the late 80s we had an hyperinflation boom and prices changed every day...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]Hernan[/mention], that sounds far more exciting the the home computer shops we used to have over here. Was the Spectrum big in Argentina?
Hernan
Drutt

Post by Hernan »

PeterJ wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:22 pm Hernan, that sounds far more exciting the the home computer shops we used to have over here. Was the Spectrum big in Argentina?
It was big, but behind the C64 and at the same level as the MSX, sharing the #2 spot.

As I said, most computer shops here only copied cracked games, not only for Spectrum but for all the platforms. You gave them a blank C60 tape and choose the games. In some cases you could even gave them your own cassette recorder, to ensure the correct recording level...