Uova di Satana

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Uova di Satana

Post by Andre Leao »

Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Re: Uova di Satana

Post by Neil Parsons »

It's Spawn Of Evil by DK'Tronics. Maybe a hack from original game.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

zup
Manic Miner

Post by zup »

I'm not going to say that all italian games are renamed/modified/pirated/hacked games, but I'd say that they were MANY magazines that published tapes that contained that games.

This page preserves almost all the tapes and the games from those tapes, so I suggest anybody that finds an italian MIA to check: https://www.edicola8bit.com/default.php

You can search on that page to check your game... to do so:
  • Click on CERCA -> CERCA GIOCHI on the top menu.
  • Ricerca libera search a title game (both original title and "italian" title).
  • Titolo edicola search only "italian" titles.
  • Titolo originale search only original titles.
  • There were magazines for every system that used tapes, so use the Sistema list to narrow your results.
  • Use the CERCA button to search.
  • That Nome edicola / Nome originale buttons will sort the results by the "italian" or original title.
  • "Nessun gioco trovato" means that there are no results. In this case, looking for "satana" gives no results. Maybe "Uova di satana" was sold outside a magazine, maybe the tape that contained it is not preserved yet. I guess that you can contact with the webmaster to include it on their database.
BTW "Uova di satana" seems to means "Satan's Eggs", if anyone is wondering...
Oloturia
Manic Miner

Post by Oloturia »

IIRC it's one of the games cracked by the magazine Run, the name on the tape was "Nello Spazio Profondo" (In Deep Space) but it's presented as "Uova di Satana" in the on-tape manual.

Run was different to other magazines, as it was mainly a collection of written articles, demos and a few games (most of them cracked). They had a different style of cracking anyway, as they sometimes changed or enhanced the original games. They added some monsters in Screaming Demons and changed the kangaroo in a frog in Kosmik Kanga/Batrax. Their translations were a lot better, too.

Edicola 8bit (https://www.edicola8bit.com/) that usually resolves the origin of the cracked games does not have the same map for Run, and also the DB does not have this information.