Tips

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Tips

Post by Andre Leao »

Preserved...

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... s-mia.html

PROCESSED
DH 27/03/23
Frankie
Manic Miner

Re: Tips

Post by Frankie »

This is a Danish utility, and unless I’m totally mistaken, I have it as original. Very amateurish release 😀

Can’t check now, but sure its the same. Its on my list to be preserved.

Is this from an original?
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

It was sent to me by @Gilby . I don´t own the original
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Frankie wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:17 pm Can’t check now, but sure its the same. Its on my list to be preserved.
Frankie I've made an ID for this and added the file. I wasn't certain what genre to give it, so I put 'Utility: Undetermined'. If you have an inlay, or an idea of publisher and year let us know.
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:19 pm Frankie I've made an ID for this and added the file. I wasn't certain what genre to give it, so I put 'Utility: Undetermined'. If you have an inlay, or an idea of publisher and year let us know.
I'll look into it one of the next days. The problem is I'm not sure my inlay is original, but I think it is. Many over here released games using inlay done with the Sinclair Printer.

I'll update as much as I know one of the next days. Then you guys can decide if you feel its original enough for me to make a TZX :-)
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:19 pm Frankie I've made an ID for this and added the file. I wasn't certain what genre to give it, so I put 'Utility: Undetermined'. If you have an inlay, or an idea of publisher and year let us know.
Working on it. It seems that the one file already in the DB by Gilby is a pre-release version, as the one I have on amateurish original release is slightly different when it comes to file structure, and in the second load it is mentioned that it was corrected by UM Data, who released it.

They were based in a town just 30km from where I lived back then, but I have never heard of them before a few years ago :D
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

Well, in other words, once I upload, the one from Gilby should be renamed to pre-release, and mine as proper release :D
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

Done the upload, but can't get in an make changes as the ID only shows up in the add file to existing title section.

I want to add information about UM-Data, and also add that Madsen Electronic is the Distributor :D
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

The whole package of the original release can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dr3xnunf9tk9x ... 9.zip?dl=0
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Frankie wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:30 am Done the upload, but can't get in an make changes as the ID only shows up in the add file to existing title section.

I want to add information about UM-Data, and also add that Madsen Electronic is the Distributor :D
I created the ID, so I can edit it. I only have Gunnar Andersen as author. If you let me know what the genre, publisher 1, publisher 1 are and I'll sort it.
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:14 am I created the ID, so I can edit it. I only have Gunnar Andersen as author. If you let me know what the genre, publisher 1, publisher 1 are and I'll sort it.
Genre: Utility: Gambling
Publisher 1: UM-Data (Denmark)
Publisher 2: Madsen Electronic

Think the M in UM stands for Madsen, and that UM-Data is the company, and Madsen Electronic is this store/company, and that ME is the Distributor, but better just add both as company.

The difference is that this version there has been done some corrections by UM-Data aswell, if those informations are needed :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Done @Frankie. Should I just remove the pre-release version I uploaded? Is there any point preserving it?
Frankie
Manic Miner

Post by Frankie »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:51 am Done @Frankie. Should I just remove the pre-release version I uploaded? Is there any point preserving it?
I don't know the policy of SC on that matter. I would leave it in, added in Brackets that its a pre-release version. Better safe than sorry :D
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Yes, I should add both files. It's historical relevant, imho