Cursed Demons of Wallachia

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Cursed Demons of Wallachia

Post by Andre Leao »

Wonderful new release!!!!

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... achia.html

PROCESSED
DH 28/04/23
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Cursed Demons of Wallachia

Post by R-Tape »

Cheers. I'll play it more over the weekend. I love that player sprite - the cloak, the bowler, the cross. Perfection crammed into 256 pixels.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

For some reason, this game sounds like it should be an album by the likes of Wednesday 13...
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Beautiful game! :-)
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Dear all, thanks for your kind words. :oops: :)

"Cursed Demons of Wallachia" is a little ZX Spectrum 48k game, a colourful platformer homage to the classic Hammer's Dracula gothic horror movies. It is available in English, Portuguese and Spanish.

Story:

From the diary of Professor Abraham Van Helsing:

"I stand before the dark gates of Count Dracula's castle, with my gold cross in hand and determination in my heart. My mission is to find and destroy the succubi that infest this place before the Count returns from his nightly hunt for new victims.

I have no stakes, so I'll have to search for them throughout the castle. But I'm certain I can find everything I need to accomplish my task. With my gold cross in hand, I'll move through the dark corridors and sinister rooms, facing the cursed demons that serve their master. I must find the coffins that house the succubi and drive wooden stakes into their hearts to end their reign of terror.

The garlic cloves will help me to keep evil away from me. I also have to defeat the cursed demons that serve Dracula and roam the entire castle.

To escape this place, I have to find the opposite drawbridge from the one I entered and break the curse that prevents me from escaping. I can only flee once I've defeated all the succubi, obtained all the garlic cloves, and destroyed all the cursed demons.

I know the task won't be easy, but I'm willing to face any danger to complete my mission. I must be cunning and brave, and not let fear stop me. Time is short, Count Dracula could return at any moment, but I'm determined to succeed in this dangerous adventure and leave this place alive".
Please enjoy the game, cheers!! :D

Furillo Productions' games can be downloaded here:
https://furilloproductions.itch.io/
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

I'm liking this platformer. :D Good graphics and the jumping mechanic feels good.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Heh - cool beeper 'scream' when you stake a coffin. I like it, but it's hard! Deadly blocks and diagonal baddies are the bane of my life.

4 succubi so far.
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

@R-Tape oh the scream, so happy you noticed it! I did it myself on purpose for the game. It is made with the wonderful "beepfx" by the also wonderful Shiru. I wanted it to sound like the typical "AIEEE" scream of the pulp magazines... :) trial error trial error until I felt it was fine. Thanks for mentioning that point, cheers!! :)
R-Tape wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:29 am Heh - cool beeper 'scream' when you stake a coffin. I like it, but it's hard! Deadly blocks and diagonal baddies are the bane of my life.

4 succubi so far.
ionut76
Dizzy

Post by ionut76 »

I'm somehow intrigued to see another product on the subject of Count Dracula. A Bram Stoker novel translated into movies, games, books etc. Interesting. But it's better to read directly about the real prince Dracula: Vlad Draculea or Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler), the one presented quite well in the acclaimed season 2 of The Ottomans. Everyone is afraid of Dracula, but, in fact, Vlad Tepes was much worse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler
Why would we need a vampire when the Wallachian prince impaled hundreds/thousands of enemy soldiers, in fact, all the prisoners, after each battle ?
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Hi @ionut76 !! Thank you for your comment and for sharing your thoughts on the theme of the game. :) "Cursed Demons of Wallachia" is actually a tribute to the gothic movies from the 60s produced by Hammer Film Productions, specifically the portrayals of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing as Dracula and Van Helsing respectively. Our goal was to capture the essence of those movies and provide players with an exciting and nostalgic gaming experience. We truly appreciate your suggestion to explore other themes and historical figures in future projects, indeed you are so right about the real historical figure of Vlad the impaler! I was aware of the history, and I know that the reality was far more terrible than the folklore. Cheers, and thanks for sharing with us a legit point of view directly from the heart of the very beautiful country of Romania. Mulțumesc!! :)
ionut76 wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:35 pm I'm somehow intrigued to see another product on the subject of Count Dracula. A Bram Stoker novel translated into movies, games, books etc. Interesting. But it's better to read directly about the real prince Dracula: Vlad Draculea or Vlad Tepes (Vlad the Impaler), the one presented quite well in the acclaimed season 2 of The Ottomans. Everyone is afraid of Dracula, but, in fact, Vlad Tepes was much worse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vlad_the_Impaler
Why would we need a vampire when the Wallachian prince impaled hundreds/thousands of enemy soldiers, in fact, all the prisoners, after each battle ?