Yandex Retro Games Battle v3

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Yandex Retro Games Battle v3

Post by g0blinish »

Voting starts:
https://rgb.yandex.ru
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Re: Yandex Retro Games Battle v3

Post by Andre Leao »

Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Not a whole lot to choose from, but my favorites are (in no particular order): Seraphima, The Unicorn, and Coinz are Mine!

Gun to the head, I’d probably give Coinz are Mine! an edge. Seraphima has nice graphics, but the engine is too jerky for my liking (albeit the entire project is very ambitious, so kudos to the developers!). The Unicorn is also nice graphically, but I’m just not in the mood for static puzzles.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Lots of great games...
Zosya strikes again with Seraphima, but I was blown away by the Doom clone - Borsch, also, Coins..., 7777 and Welcome in adventure life are also really good. :)
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Some quick impressions:

Seraphima:
Zosya in great form as always. Lots of beautiful, colourful graphics, Music, samples,
several layers of scrolling and good gameplay.
They are probably reusing code and graphics from their earlier games but who isn't? ;)

Welcome to Adventure Life:
Pretty and interesting Dizzy clone. Unfortunately in Russian only and the font is a bit hard to read.

Borsch
It's another demo made with "Quake" engine that appeared some time ago. The engine is impressive but
we have yet to wait to see a true, playable game with it.

Unicorn
Nice, little puzzle where you have to move like a knight in chess.

Coinz are mine!
A platformer with a bit of logical planning. Everything including sprites is very small but still the graphics is on the good side.

A scrolling monochrome platformer which I didn't know how to play unfortunately.
Adrian_Singh
Drutt

Post by Adrian_Singh »

If anyone wants to give 7.7.7.7 a fair play through but finds the choice of control keys completely bonkers, then I've put together a .POK file to change them to the more familiar Q,A,O,P and M. This can be applied via an emulator such as Spectaculator, InkSpector, Fuse, Spin, etc. by simply dragging in the file when the game is running.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdhwgonwxyd1z ... s.pok?dl=0