Hopman

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Solaris104
Drutt

Hopman

Post by Solaris104 »

Another game by Inufuto
http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/8bit/hopman/

PROCESSED
DH 14/08/23
ianace
Manic Miner

Re: Hopman

Post by ianace »

Hi not sure which one to download
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Another great arcade game. Like all the Inufuto games, it plays well and seems polished, despite the LDd sprites and character cell movements.

Is 'Hopman' a port of a specific old videogame that I've not heard of?

Also - if anyone can put me in touch with the mysterious Inufuto I'd like to ask a few questions.
clebin
Manic Miner

Post by clebin »

The discordant music sounds like Ocean's Road Race, which was originally an MSX game I think?

It's quite distinctive and I'm guessing the MSX plays some part in the creation of these games with them being Japanese and all. Maybe the music originates on MSX, maybe more... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether. It's very intriguing how they are able to release on so many platforms at once.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:53 pmLDd
Eh?? :o
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

clebin wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:00 pm The discordant music sounds like Ocean's Road Race, which was originally an MSX game I think?

It's quite distinctive and I'm guessing the MSX plays some part in the creation of these games with them being Japanese and all. Maybe the music originates on MSX, maybe more... or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree altogether. It's very intriguing how they are able to release on so many platforms at once.
The MSX link would make sense. Inufuto also uses that AY track on Cavit, Bootskell, Cacom and Lift.
Alessandro wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:24 pm
Eh?? :o
Sorry Ale I haven't just invented a new asm instuction! I mean 'loaded'. I haven't checked out the sprite draw routine, but it's clearly not using OR, XOR or masking.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:11 pmSorry Ale I haven't just invented a new asm instuction! I mean 'loaded'. I haven't checked out the sprite draw routine, but it's clearly not using OR, XOR or masking.
It seems to print sprites directly one on top of another by using some sort of priority; check the playing character's sprite in particular.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:53 pm if anyone can put me in touch with the mysterious Inufuto I'd like to ask a few questions.
Please, gentlemen, no bloodshed on the premises! If you want to have at each other, take it outside. :lol:
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Solaris104
Drutt

Post by Solaris104 »

Hopman is also for ZX81
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

Nice game, frustrating and addictive at the same time!