Fall of Rome

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Fall of Rome

Post by Andre Leao »

spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: Fall of Rome

Post by spider »

I recall this on a compilation tape (cant' recall which but it was an original) , was quite difficult to work out what to do but sort of fun at the same time after a while, if you like this sort of game. :)

Interesting to see a variant on it.

Do you happen to know the key differences in it please ? If not its OK.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Sorry, no. It was the first I've seen this game, to be honest.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

It's a BASIC game, and one I've LISTed before. There has to be some machine code involved, as I remember several instances of POKE 0,0 in the listing, which must have been put there in an attempt to stop early Spectrum users breaking into the program to examine the listing.

MERGE each version so the machine code doesn't get the chance to execute, LLIST it in Fuse so that it makes a text file, and then compare the text files with this version and the original.

Anyone who paid any attention to Illuminati II: The Davos Deadlock may now recognise the character set... this is where it came from, although I changed the shape of some of the characters.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

I remember I hacked the program and managed to conquer every territory while exterminating all of the enemy populations :mrgreen: