Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

Clone Wars (Star Trek): vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:49 am

Algol by Fabrizio M. de Seta
No votes
Invasión Klingon by Gomio
No votes
Star Trek by Gemini Software
No votes
Star Trek by Mikro-Gen
29%
Star Trek by Impact Software
No votes
Star Trek - The Computer Game by Airline Software
No votes
Star Trek 2 by Sonic Software
No votes
Star Trek 3000 by DK'Tronics
14%
Star Trek 3050 by Microparadise Software
No votes
Star Trek 5 by Load 'n' Run
No votes
Starship Enterprise by Silversoft
29%
Startrek by Star Dreams
14%
Startrek by U.T.S.
14%
Startrek by Chromasoft
No votes
Startrek by EMM Software
No votes
Startrek Adventure by Program Direct
No votes
Super Star Trek by Workman Publishing
No votes
Super Star Trek by Magazine Homecomputer
No votes

Total votes: 7

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

You have seven days before you face the wrath of Khan.

Algol by Fabrizio M. de Seta

Invasión Klingon by Gomio

Star Trek by Gemini Software

Star Trek by Mikro-Gen

Star Trek by Impact Software

Star Trek - The Computer Game by Airline Software

Star Trek - The Computer Program by R&R Software

Star Trek 2 by Sonic Software

Star Trek 3000 by DK'Tronics

Star Trek 3050 by Microparadise Software

Star Trek 5 by Load 'n' Run

Starship Enterprise by Silversoft

Startrek by Star Dreams

Startrek by U.T.S.

Startrek by Chromasoft

Startrek by EMM Software

Startrek Adventure by Program Direct

Super Star Trek by Workman Publishing

Super Star Trek by Magazine Homecomputer
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
HEXdidnt
Manic Miner

Re: Clone Wars (Star Trek): vote

Post by HEXdidnt »

What I find amazing about these is that so many of these clones actually used the name "Star Trek" with impunity.

Fairly sure I only ever played two of these - the DK'Tronics one and Startrek Adventure. Can't remember which I played first, but I know I went into the second thinking "hopefully this one will be a bit more impressive..." but, no...

I'm still sad about the cancelled Spectrum version of Rebel Universe...
...Dropping litter in the zen garden of your mind

The Hub of all things HEXdidn't... | HEXdidn't... on YouTube ...on ZXArt ...on deviantart | A Pixel Art Odyssey
Tan Coul
Dizzy

Post by Tan Coul »

Only one I've played is the Mikro-Gen one, though I never knew it was originally from MG as I bought the budget re-release on Atlantis - one of my most-played games back in the 80s and one I still return to regularly now.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Tan Coul wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:46 am Only one I've played is the Mikro-Gen one, though I never knew it was originally from MG as I bought the budget re-release on Atlantis - one of my most-played games back in the 80s and one I still return to regularly now.
Woah! I never knew this existed!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Post by Wall_Axe »

The one by impact software has the best presentation
Tan Coul
Dizzy

Post by Tan Coul »

PeteProdge wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:55 am Woah! I never knew this existed!
And until today I never realised it wasn't an original release from Atlantis - interesting that they not only changed the name and title screen, but also the author - now I realise it was actually written by the estimable Derek Brewster, its quality makes much more sense than it did all these years as a £1.99 release on a lower-grade budget label.
Tan Coul
Dizzy

Post by Tan Coul »

You know, this is starting to intrigue me - it is obviously the same game with just the title screen and alien name changed*, yet the Crash review in Issue 9 treats it as an original and credits John Green as the author, at a time when Derek Brewster himself was on their staff... the other magazine reviews also take it at face value as an original release as well.

*Trying to play the Mikro-gen version I've noticed a couple more changes; the control commands have been changed, and - and this is quite important - the commands for the Atlantis version are listed in the inlay, which does not appear to be the case for the Mikro-gen version. Between them, this makes the Mikro-gen version unplayable until the commands are deciphered and so far I've not got beyond WA for Warp. Despite this, the introductory screen, sounds and the movement for that one command are enough to 100% confirm that the actual game and gameplay are unchanged beyond these peripherals.
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

First version of this game i played was on a 4k PET around 1979 or so. Never played a version on the Speccy, but most of them look faithful enough.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

I'll admit I'm not really a Trekkie and the only one I've played is the version by UTS, which gets my vote by default, although I do realise that I'm probably doing the other ones a disservice by voting for a game that I only came across via the Cassette 50 compilation.

I've also noticed from the screenshot of the Mikro Gen version that the enemies look suspiciously like Tie-Fighters, so that's two copyright infringements for the price of one.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Mikro-Gen's Star Trek and Silversoft's Starship Enterprise have tied for top place, with 2 votes each.

In joint second place, Star Trek 3000 by DK'Tronics; Startrek by Star Dreams and Startrek by U.T.S., with 1 vote each.

I would say I'd look at the proportional results to break the deadlock, but nobody submitted any top three comments!
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

I'll vote for the MicroGen one.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...