Game Collecting - How high would you go?

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
uglifruit
Manic Miner

Re: Game Collecting - How high would you go?

Post by uglifruit »

I'm definitely not a collector, but I paid £20 (I think) for The Biz. As a Speccy and Chris Sievey/Frank Sidebottom fan, the crossover somehow justified the cost.
CLEAR 23855
Matt_B
Manic Miner

Post by Matt_B »

The idea of buying overpriced shovelware for the sake of getting a complete set has never appealed to me.

Rather, my collection consists entirely of games that I wanted to play, so topped out around the 200 mark.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Andre Leao wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:11 pm I have thousands of tapes, due to my obsession in finding and sharing MIAs. I don't spend to much on individual titles, unless they are not preserved yet. But I have some priceless items on my collection. Some tapes are unique and I own the only copy available. I reckon it would achieve very high prices on the markey, but I don't pretend to sell it. :)
You tickled my imagination. ;)
What kind of unique titles are these, can you post some pictures of your collection.
I always like to see things like that...
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Most of them are portuguese utilities or games (including Timex editions forgotten on a big store and never released). like the ones above, which even included the letter selling the rights of the two programs to Landry (the letter was still unopened and the programs were never released - these tapes are unique).

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... -mias.html

Or non-portuguese games, like the one above (will be shared soon on Planeta Sinclair):

Most of the rare english tapes I own were posted at Planeta Sinclair :)
spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

I ought to tidy mine as they are shamefully just dumped in a large box where they have been for many years, aside from a few I've put to one side, dusty :( , I'm too ashamed to get a picture. I suspect it is still 70% maybe 80% of my original collection, aside from a few I'd traded way back with friends or at those 'software city' type places.

I have ended up with a few duplicates such as when I once brought a dead + which came with a dozen or so games (not great games though)

Talking of Ultimate, I had no idea Pentagram was a 'big box' , at least our version.
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

spider wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:25 am Talking of Ultimate, I had no idea Pentagram was a 'big box' , at least our version.
I made it so it would fit in with the others :D