3 new SaNchez Crew games in the works

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Audionautas
Manic Miner

3 new SaNchez Crew games in the works

Post by Audionautas »

The SINClair video includes English subs.

Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Re: 3 new SaNchez Crew games in the works

Post by Wall_Axe »

They look great
HEXdidnt
Manic Miner

Post by HEXdidnt »

Great to see early signs of Neoplasma 2, sounds like it's going to be awesome. The HP Lovecraft/River City Ransom game looks like it could be fascinating, so I'm going to try to keep an eye out for that. The puzzle game makes great use of colour, particularly with the objects.
...Dropping litter in the zen garden of your mind

The Hub of all things HEXdidn't... | HEXdidn't... on YouTube ...on ZXArt ...on deviantart
The_Guy222
Drutt

Post by The_Guy222 »

Interesting infodump about Neoplasma 2.

It deviates from what I heard from the developers previously, which had suggested that Neoplasma 2 would be created from the ground-up to be a NEXT game. In other words, I earlier had thought Neoplasma 2 would be designed more around the features and capabilities of the NEXT.

However, it is already looking good as an original Spectrum game - the static-interference areas in the levels look novel and interesting. The screwdriver is an interesting touch, but you would think the heroine would pick up an enemy's gun? (I guess stealth is an issue here). Maybe it is like a half-way point between the straight combat of Neoplasma 1, and the stealthy office sequence from Delta's Shadow (which was very well-received by players, I understand.)

I would just encourage the developers to not shy-away from the NEXT's capabilities when designing that version.

BTW I greatly enjoyed the original River City Ransom.
The_Guy222
Drutt

Post by The_Guy222 »

The SanChez Crew really seems to have a talent for creating dangerous spaceship + factory mazes to navigate.

It would be nice also to see a more cerebral Alien 3 type game one day, where you are stuck with a bunch of other people in a bad situation. And you have to go around hacking terminals, repairing robots, and gaining information from people. To maybe convince others of a course of action. With different branching possibilities. Of course, what is the right path against an Eldrich horror is unclear...
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

These look great. The beat 'em up one reminds me of a GameBoy game, it looks excellent and the animations on that sailboat & sea were fantastic.