The best rereleased Speccy game by React: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best rereleased Speccy game by React: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Yet another imprint from Alternative. Like Winner, this was pure rerelease fodder. And this was very very shortlived compared to Winner, it's just three games and they're all from Martech:

Nigel Mansell's Grand Prix by Martech
Tarzan by Martech
Vixen by Martech

Let me know if I've got owt wrong.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Re: The best rereleased Speccy game by React: discussion

Post by StooB »

This one is hiding from your searches:

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

StooB wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:28 am This one is hiding from your searches:

Heh, that's understandable!

Okay, I am going to include this. The loading screen won't raise any concerns and I'll have an in-game screen from early in on the game. Nothing naughty, honest, guv! And there I was thinking Vixen was a bit racy...

Cheers.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
zx1
Drutt

Post by zx1 »

Haha! I remember being at school and all the guys wet into overdrive when this came out (we were 11 years old). Someone brought in a review at the time. I never played it till emulation years later (research reasons!) :D
We must perform a quirkafleeg
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

I'd have been 13 when I bought this and played for ages to be thoroughly dismayed at the graphics!
It's one of my main resons for kicking off over censorship on these ancient 8-bit titles - even ASCII art is more "explicit" :lol:
zx1
Drutt

Post by zx1 »

Yeah but what can you expect from the Spectrum? I think the pictures were digitised.
We must perform a quirkafleeg