Games for international days

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Games for international days

Post by R-Tape »

TMD2003 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:54 pm Following on from the above: Gumtree, of all sources, just told me it's International Dog Day.

Have a game that's a complete dog's dinner, involving a dog.
I did buy that, and unfortunately I gave it away as a CGC prize in 2013! It's fairly hard to get hold of these days.
Also, exactly 28 years ago today, I went to my first gig. Now is about the time I'd have been waiting for Metallica to emerge.
It's criminal the Speccy doesn't have a game called Moshpit Madness.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:30 pm It's criminal the Speccy doesn't have a game called Moshpit Madness.
You know what to do.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Seems today is Polar Bear Day and the first game that comes to mind is Eskimo Eddie:

TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

It's St. David's Day!

In celebration, play something on a Dragon 32. Such as this.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

TMD2003 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:06 pm It's St. David's Day!
To mark the day, @WhatHoSnorkers has Snorkified™ a BASIC type-in for the Dragon 32, “DAMEATERS”!

Draig ydw I! 🐉
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

It's going to be hard thinking of a suitable celebration for 4th of December - International Miners Day.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

Lee Bee wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:00 pm It's going to be hard thinking of a suitable celebration for 4th of December - International Miners Day.
Not that anyone has ever been fed up with the Monty Mole games, and even if so there's always Pitman Seven with its horrific controls... but I might, possibly, have started initial forays on what might be a CSSCGC special, or might be part of the 2024 WOOT! package, which involves mining, in some way, and something else that rhymes with "shaft"...
WhatHoSnorkers
Manic Miner

Post by WhatHoSnorkers »

flatduckrecords wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:09 pm To mark the day, @WhatHoSnorkers has Snorkified™ a BASIC type-in for the Dragon 32, “DAMEATERS”!

Draig ydw I! 🐉
Ironically it's easier to have Welsh games on the ZX Spectrum. You can have a font with accents, and you have access to white for the flag!
I have a little YouTube channel of nonsense
https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesOGradyWhatHoSnorkers
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

WhatHoSnorkers wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:54 am Ironically it's easier to have Welsh games on the ZX Spectrum. You can have a font with accents, and you have access to white for the flag!
"Cyan", white and either orange or magenta for the Welsh flag if you want to draw it on the Welsh computer.

Or... pretend the QL is Welsh! That comes with an accented character set and all the right colours in the highest resolution mode straight out the box. Tidy mun!
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

Oh and SAM Coupé of course; built in Wales and supports alternative character sets. And has lots of colours!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

TMD2003 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:06 pm It's St. David's Day!
I'm a day late, but I rediscovered this thread, and the text adventure Lost in Wales. It's no frills, but written well enough. After only a few moves I've had to rouse a slumbering sheep... :roll: