WOOT 2023 released!

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
clebin
Manic Miner

Re: WOOT 2023 released!

Post by clebin »

Only just starting to dig into Woot but thanks to @R-Tape and all the contributors. Also thanks for publicising the Hiatus Hernia Club. I wasn’t aware of this institution but with further reading it’s entirely possible I qualify for membership. In which case it would surely be the first diagnosis by scrolly demo text in history.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

clebin wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:36 pm In which case it would surely be the first diagnosis by scrolly demo text in history.
I'm afraid not. I saw this the other week...
Spoiler
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

C.Born wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:02 pm Hi
you got close !!
reset realspectrum with ALT-F2 and load the tape

i have to admid that the name giving is anoying and that i should have taken the time to change that.
in above picture you loaded the routine in 1 screen and the 1st of 2 pictures as nr2.
in an older version on +D disc i use 2 screens in 1 file and got stuck in memorymapping when i tried zx0
this version is much more sober and by now modulair aswell. I make a tread about it

viewtopic.php?p=133905#p133905
Ta muchly for the extra info. Got it sorted, and here it is in full. I had to zoom it in editing, to get it fullscreen properly, and for those images which weren't 4:3, I zoomed them in a bit more, so the whole thing is here :)

clebin
Manic Miner

Post by clebin »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:10 pm I'm afraid not. I saw this the other week...
Lots of people lead very full lives with the Black Death, at least until the “we all fall down” bit. It was on BBC Breakfast.
C.Born
Manic Miner

Post by C.Born »

DVDfever wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:29 pm Ta muchly for the extra info. Got it sorted, and here it is in full. I had to zoom it in editing, to get it fullscreen properly, and for those images which weren't 4:3, I zoomed them in a bit more, so the whole thing is here :)

Thank you very much :santa
a lot off picture need indeed some extra touch. the diagonal line is some times disturbing (already)

i use https://github.com/KodeMunkie/imagetozxspec/releases
for these dubbel screens. it have so much possibilities that 1 picture can take a day to make if you put the effort in it.
it only lacks a decent naming for the both the internal file AND the saved tape. its a JAVA job to fix that.

i did several years ago a disc with BMP2SCR on MGT that works good to
for the "dragon of velesoft" i used the files from Velesoft, which files have a very good build in colour layers, that is importent aswell for a good giga picture.
if you like to help with a more decent and maybe even musical gigaviewer you are very welcome on the gigaviewer tread here

viewtopic.php?t=10769
there is a lot to do and making it a "standalone feature" or in 10 years even a channelled Extended BASIC ? that would be awosome..
you dont need special asm , its just boring counting and counting, but steady as it gooes
:mrgreen:
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

C.Born wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:52 pm Thank you very much :santa
a lot off picture need indeed some extra touch. the diagonal line is some times disturbing (already)

i use https://github.com/KodeMunkie/imagetozxspec/releases
for these dubbel screens. it have so much possibilities that 1 picture can take a day to make if you put the effort in it.
it only lacks a decent naming for the both the internal file AND the saved tape. its a JAVA job to fix that.

i did several years ago a disc with BMP2SCR on MGT that works good to
for the "dragon of velesoft" i used the files from Velesoft, which files have a very good build in colour layers, that is importent aswell for a good giga picture.
if you like to help with a more decent and maybe even musical gigaviewer you are very welcome on the gigaviewer tread here

viewtopic.php?t=10769
there is a lot to do and making it a "standalone feature" or in 10 years even a channelled Extended BASIC ? that would be awosome..
you dont need special asm , its just boring counting and counting, but steady as it gooes
:mrgreen:
Thanks, and for a moment, I was hoping that would mean there's another Gigascreen demo on that thread, but I will look forward to another :D
C.Born
Manic Miner

Post by C.Born »

DVDfever wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:25 am Thanks, and for a moment, I was hoping that would mean there's another Gigascreen demo on that thread, but I will look forward to another :D
http://cborn.nl/zxfiles/

there is at least 1 giga mgt disc
its a mess, true
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

C.Born wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:00 pm http://cborn.nl/zxfiles/

there is at least 1 giga mgt disc
its a mess, true
I saw a couple of Giga mgt files there, but the file on its own wasn't recognised in RealSpectrum, from the menu, and the .zip file with the others states "The archive is corrupt" and "no files to extract", so I don't know where to go with those.
C.Born
Manic Miner

Post by C.Born »

DVDfever wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:22 pm I saw a couple of Giga mgt files there, but the file on its own wasn't recognised in RealSpectrum, from the menu, and the .zip file with the others states "The archive is corrupt" and "no files to extract", so I don't know where to go with those.
i have a check on that, else i have to re-upload
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

C.Born wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:45 pm i have a check on that, else i have to re-upload

BTW, I've got gameplay up for everything from WOOT on my channel, but I'll just post one more of the videos here (for the rest, you can check them out on the channel), and anything that cocks a snook at the political party which is systematically destroying the country on purpose gets my vote, and this is the one.

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

DVDfever wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:22 pm BTW, I've got gameplay up for everything from WOOT on my channel, but I'll just post one more of the videos here (for the rest, you can check them out on the channel),
Great to see it all played through and appreciated, and congrats on solving Rosetta :)
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:14 pm Great to see it all played through and appreciated, and congrats on solving Rosetta :)
To be honest, I worked out the question, but needed a bit of help in getting to the answer, as I didn't quite understand the question :D
Lee P
Microbot

Post by Lee P »

It's the first of March, so I've finally bothered to download this, because like a dog, a WOOT is for life, not just for Christmas.

Just got 34 on One Key Tapeworm, do I win a prize?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Lee P wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:20 am Just got 34 on One Key Tapeworm, do I win a prize?
Congrats. A raw pork chop is in the post.
djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

TMD2003 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:05 pm Although there were two women in t'old days (both of them north of 60 now, if they're still alive) who made knitting pattern generators for the ZX81 and had them published in magazines of the time. See exhibit A... and exhibit B has been lost to where I found it, but the article had a picture of the author showing off a ZX81 bobble hat she'd knitted with the assistance of her own program. I thought I'd seen it in ZX Computing, but apparently not...

Who says computing was always a sausage fest, eh?
I know the article you’re thinking of… and it wasn’t in ZX Computing, but Sinclair User.
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

djnzx48 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:26 am I know the article you’re thinking of… and it wasn’t in ZX Computing, but Sinclair User.
Congraturation! A corned beef sandwich, a bendy Bully, 75p and *two* packets of Rolos will be coming your way. Metaphorically, at least.

I was convinced I'd seen the chunky font used ubiquitously by ZX Computing at the top of the page (DecadeSSK, if you're wondering - also popular on Now! compilations of the late 1980s). Also, February 1984 - I was convinced it wasn't that late.

Excellent detective work, Doctor Jones Who Will Never Believe This!
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!