Additional credit for Flying Shark

This is the place to request ZXDB corrections (add missing data or fix incorrect information)

Moderators: druellan, pavero

Gears of Games
Drutt

Additional credit for Flying Shark

Post by Gears of Games »

Noticed that Steve Turner is missing in ZXDB credits for Flying Shark (https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/1 ... ying_Shark). He made the music according to one of the title screens (attached).

Stefan
Manic Miner

Re: Additional credit for Flying Shark

Post by Stefan »

Hearing that tune again... why did Steve not sue Culture Beat for ripping off his bass line in Mr Vain six years later?
Gears of Games
Drutt

Post by Gears of Games »

Stefan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:33 pm Hearing that tune again... why did Steve not sue Culture Beat for ripping off his bass line in Mr Vain six years later?
It is damn close to that song! :D Maybe it's not too late, someone get hold of Steve!
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Thanks Gears!
I wonder why Gavin Wade and Drew Northcott are listed there? Northcott was a loading screen artist, but not sure about Wade. The loading screen is signed PIP+PAVL to make things more confusing.
I can track those names from the old WOS, so, they were there for a while.
Lee P
Microbot

Post by Lee P »

Stefan wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:33 pm Hearing that tune again... why did Steve not sue Culture Beat for ripping off his bass line in Mr Vain six years later?
Or Snap's Rhythm Is A Dancer, five years later? I'm sure we'd be able to find some old Eurodance tune from before 1987 that uses that bassline, it's pretty common.
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »