The latest ZXDB update will be applied this evening at 1800 BST. The update takes around 30 minutes, and the site goes down whilst this happens.

Top 10 vs. Top Challenges - Charity Stream

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Top 10 vs. Top Challenges - Charity Stream

Post by RoseTintedSpectrum »

Howdy y'all,

I've done a charity stream on ZX Spectrum gaming three years in a row now, and I was going to pause it this year because I've had a mad one, but instead I've decided to do the opposite and have a stream anyway, but keep it relatively simple (like me).

I tend to have a host of guests and whatnot on, but instead, I've decided to change things up and make it a weird collaboration between my choice of games, and your choice of challenges.

The concept is this: I'll pick a load of games I'd like to play, and every hour one of those will be selected at random - paired up with a challenge submitted by the community (also chosen at random). Challenges need to ideally be universal, but I can make things fit. It could be something as simple as "Do 5 squats every time you die/lose", "Dance constantly while you play" or "Do a cockney accent the entire time" - regardless of your idea, either game related, entirely stupid, or horrendous to even comprehend, I'm looking to put the best of the suggestions into a roster to get a 10 hour charity stream together (Most likely for Mind again, but this may change).

All suggestions welcome, and I may workshop some into ideas that'll fit all games universally.

Thanks all!
Last edited by RoseTintedSpectrum on Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ParadigmShifter
Manic Miner

Re: Top 10 vs. Top Challenges - Charity Stream

Post by ParadigmShifter »

Obviously play my game SJOE with CUSS mode turned on and try and get the most obscene 4 letter words possible ;)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Sounds like a bit of daft fun, and I'm always up for that :dance Is this for the early May bank holiday @RoseTintedSpectrum?

I'll get my thinking cap on. Post them in this thread or PM?
RoseTintedSpectrum
Dizzy

Post by RoseTintedSpectrum »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:54 am Sounds like a bit of daft fun, and I'm always up for that :dance Is this for the early May bank holiday @RoseTintedSpectrum?

I'll get my thinking cap on. Post them in this thread or PM?
Not sure on the dates yet, but go ahead and post them in here!
firelord
Manic Miner

Post by firelord »

You could try to finish the winner of CSSCGC 2023 : The Adventures of Real Pacard Manford ( https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/4 ... _of_Pacman ) :)
The good thing is that, in case you don't win, you will not have to do these push-ups - the game itself is a punishment. :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Here's a few for starters:

- speak in words of only one syllable for the hour
- play while having to answer general knowledge questions
- speak in voices suggested in the chat - accents, celeb impressions