Any CPC Wiki forum users?

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Any CPC Wiki forum users?

Post by akeley »

I know some of you are members of this forum too: https://www.cpcwiki.eu/index.php/Forum I'm pretty sure I've seen @1024MAK there before.

Could anybody confirm whether the forum is working properly now? It's been quite some time since I logged in there (probably a few months) and I get "403 forbidden" error. Could be something to do with my location, but I just wanted to make sure the site is up.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Re: Any CPC Wiki forum users?

Post by 8BitAG »

The forum is working, yes.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

Yeah, was working fine for me this morning. Bit slow occasionally but that's not abnormal.
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

@akeley
The CPC forum is probably stealthily monitoring your general internet usage and what you are writing, and if you are praising the Speccy too much then you'll be considered a Speccy scumbag (owner of the stupid colour-clashing calculator that scarred the CPC with its very existence as it led to those horrible ports) who is not worthy of using their forum ;)
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

XTM wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 am @akeley
The CPC forum is probably stealthily monitoring your general internet usage and what you are writing, and if you are praising the Speccy too much then you'll be considered a Speccy scumbag (owner of the stupid colour-clashing calculator that scarred the CPC with its very existence as it led to those horrible ports) who is not worthy of using their forum ;)
Haha, could be, there are some occasional zealots with these kinda vibes over there, but overall it's not too bad - I always wore my true colours with pride and survived nonetheless.

Thanks for checking, would any of you gents be willing to PM the admin and see what the score is? I could give you my details (nickname, email, location) if so.