Game of the day...

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Lee P
Microbot

Re: Game of the day...

Post by Lee P »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:49 pm I'm pretty fond of this game. Just had a blast myself - and thoroughly failed to reach the catfood on screen 4.
I can manage that now - I thought I was hitting my head on the spikes near the top, but turns out I just wasn't accurate enough jumping over the middle red... thing.

Screen 5 is giving me a headache though - and having watched a walkthrough it seems it's impossible to complete the game, as screen 9 never ends.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Since it was discussed here and is only 5 screens, I had to complete Winer Milly. On completion it suggests to keep an eye out for the next release in the series, and in true Mire Mare fashion, it's a game that never materialised by the looks of it.

Remember it's all in BASIC, and not at all bad for it. Be honest - if you did this BITD you'd have felt like a GOD!
ketmar
Manic Miner

Post by ketmar »

i tried to complete the first room, and gave up after 15 minutes. i'd better go beat some spanish games. with my eyes closed. should be easier.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Hehe. If the telephone is the problem, you have to jump from on top of the brick wall. You can't get over it from the same height.
ketmar
Manic Miner

Post by ketmar »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:59 pm Hehe. If the telephone is the problem, you have to jump from on top of the brick wall. You can't get over it from the same height.
this. i tried, and tried, and tried. that's if i even get there, because jumping onto the central platform is hard too. i realised than my MM skills are doing the bad service for me here, but kept trying to do it "Manic Miner" way…
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:59 pm Hehe. If the telephone is the problem, you have to jump from on top of the brick wall. You can't get over it from the same height.
Wait. Isn't that how people do it in MM already?
ketmar
Manic Miner

Post by ketmar »

AndyC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:36 pm Wait. Isn't that how people do it in MM already?
i am usually jumping over it from the conveyor belt. i think it's more fun this way. and i used to do it from my first MM playthrough too… ;-)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

AndyC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:36 pm Wait. Isn't that how people do it in MM already?
It is how I do it, but you don't have to do it that way. In MM, you can jump over the honker from the same platform. That isn't possible in Winer Milly (at least I haven't managed it), so it's more true to life in that sense. I would only expect to be able to jump over an giant animated patrolling telephone by doing so from atop a brick wall.
Lee P
Microbot

Post by Lee P »

I got to the imaginatively titled second screen, thought "oh god, more of the same?" and turned it off. But at least you don't have to redo the whole thing if you die on your way back from collecting the objects.