Whirlwind

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Whirlwind

Post by R-Tape »

Time passes. Not far off 2 years as it goes, and I see the RZX has appeared, so bloody well done Eq on persevering!

This game doesn't have any authors attributed. The game mentions them only as 3 letter acronyms "AJS" and "PMC". I'll get these added, but can anyone do any detective work to find out if there are any existing authors in the DB that are likely culprits?
equinox wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:47 am Anyway the levels are identical to the MSX game shown on YouTube
Any chance of a link? I can't find it. I wonder if that gives any more clues to the authors.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

R-Tape wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:10 pm Any chance of a link? I can't find it. I wonder if that gives any more clues to the authors.
Bloody hell I've fallen for an Eq tangent! You were talking about Rise out of the Dungeons on MSX.

I actually woke in the night and thought "Hang on - the odds of a Blaby release on the MSX are rather small" !
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

R-Tape wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:23 pm Bloody hell I've fallen for an Eq tangent! You were talking about Rise out of the Dungeons on MSX.

I actually woke in the night and thought "Hang on - the odds of a Blaby release on the MSX are rather small" !
I dream about you too honey.

Regarding the Whirlwind game: as I recall, it only had 3 or 4 levels, but they required absolutely savage timing. We know today that a learning curve is important (even if you have limited memory). Even Manic Miner knew this. Or that Cabbage Patch Kids game on the Colecovision that repeated a bunch of screens but increased the hazards... hmm... Hunchback? Probably that too, never really played it.