Due to unusually high levels of website traffic you will be presenting with regular Cloudflare checks for the time being.

The best Speccy game by Dinamic Software: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

The best Speccy game by Dinamic Software: vote

Poll ended at Sun May 19, 2024 8:17 am

Abu Simbel Profanation
2%
After The War
2%
Army Moves
No votes
Arquimedes XXI
No votes
Aspar GP Master
No votes
Astro Marine Corps
15%
Babaliba
2%
Bestial Warrior
No votes
Buggy Ranger
No votes
Camelot Warriors
2%
Capitan Sevilla
No votes
Capitan Trueno
No votes
Cobra's Arc
No votes
Comando Tracer
4%
Cosmic Sheriff
No votes
Delfox
No votes
Don Quijote
2%
Dustin
13%
Fernando Martin Basket Master
6%
Freddy Hardest
4%
Freddy Hardest in South Manhattan
No votes
Game Over
6%
Guerra de las Vajillas, La
No votes
Hammer Boy
No votes
Hundra
4%
Mapsnatch
No votes
Mega-Corp
No votes
Meganova
No votes
Megaphoenix
2%
Michel Futbol Master
No votes
Michel Super Skills
No votes
Mike Gunner
No votes
Narco Police
No votes
Navy Moves
No votes
Nonamed
No votes
Ole, Toro
No votes
Pajaros De Bangkok, Los
No votes
Phantis
No votes
Phantomas
No votes
Phantomas 2
2%
Rescate Atlantida
2%
Rocky
4%
Saimazoom
No votes
Satan
No votes
Sgrizam
No votes
Simulador Profesional De Tenis
No votes
Target Plus
No votes
Turbo Girl
No votes
Video Olimpic
No votes
West Bank
27%
Yenght
No votes

Total votes: 48

ParadigmShifter
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Dinamic Software: vote

Post by ParadigmShifter »

It's a press 1, 2, 3 game like whackamole really based on an arcade game.

It's fun though.
Oloturia
Manic Miner

Post by Oloturia »

More love for Comando Tracer please, one of the few Spectrum games that I've been able to complete in my life.
Also, it has pretty good bidirectional scrolling.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

1 - Camelot Warriors
2 - Freddy Hardest
3 - Navy Moves

I have more memories of playing these BITD than I do for a lot of British publishers. Some superb games and I love the Spanish style.

Close one on third position - it could have easily been Army Moves or Astro Marine Corps on a different day.
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Post by toot_toot »

i think this is difficult from a UK perspective, because some of these games in the UK were originally released as full price, e.g. Army Moves, Freddy Hardest. Some were originally released as budget, e.g. Freddy Hardest in Manhattan, Hundra, Turbo Girl and one was a giveaway on a cover tape (Dustin). What’s better - a free game like Dustin or Army Moves which cost £7.95 at the time? (Dustin was a pretty awesome giveaway).

Anyway, it’s still a good list as there’s some Dinamic games I’ve not played, so I’ll give these a try.
+3code
Manic Miner

Post by +3code »

While I voted Don Quijote, I think Rescate Atlantis deserves more love, is one of the best Dinamic games (good graphics with scroll like AMC, good in-game music like Simulador, and very playable), so my proportional votes:

1.Don Quijote
2.Rescate Atlantis
3.Phantomas

Other games that I can remember tape-loading (when I was young and the dinosaurs populated the Earth) and deserve a mention: Bestial Warriors, Game Over, Army Moves, Capitan Trueno, Simulador de Tenis... Stop, stop, enough.
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Post by Hank Scorpio »

1 Dustin
2 Camelot Warriors
3 West Bank
TheMartian
Microbot

Post by TheMartian »

I am going to say:

1. West Bank. I loved this game as a child. It keeps you on your toes for hours, but it's quite fair and playable.
2. Freddy Hardest. The first part is nice once you learn not to attack the flying robots. The second part is quite fun, looking for the correct terminals and rushing to the lower level when you get everything you need to fly a ship.
3. Comando Tracer. I think these guys have learned a lot from Joffa's games. A bit chaotic for me, but very fun to play.

Honorable mentions:
- Phantis: Very nice graphics, and quite fun to play. A bit too easy maybe.
- Game Over: Very fast, very nice graphics. The first part is doable if the planets align, because you depend entirely on how the power-ups are distributed. Actually, the randomized barrels that do not respawn when you are killed makes the game much more unfair than it should be.
- Fernando Martin Basket Master: Great graphics, and a really nice game for playing with a friend. The difficulty against the computer is insane, but you can win by forcing personals.
- Navy Moves: Aside from the beautiful box and manuals in the original release, the second part is quite good and it can be completed once you figure the path to the reactor. The second part is much much more frustrating.
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

1. West Bank
2. Dustin
3. Freddy Hardest
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

1. Freddy Hardest
2- Phantis
3. Basket Master
berarma
Microbot

Post by berarma »

West Bank was like a mobile game on the Spectrum. It was simple but very addictive. The three games from Dinamic which I played the most were Fernando Martin, West Bank and Phantomas 2. I also played some Navy Moves, Freddy Hardest and Game Over but they were very hard and not so fun.

Dinamic had some of the best graphics in the Spectrum, and even better covers, but the gameplay wasn't that good sometimes. Good memories anyway.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

I've genuinely never heard of the winner of this poll, let alone even played it, but I can't deny it got lots of love here.

That winner being West Bank, with 13 votes, leaving much of the rest far behind.

Second place, with seven votes: Astro Marine Corps.

Then in third place with six votes, a title familiar to UK Speccy users for its inclusion on a YS covertape, it's Dustin!

Fernando Martin Basket Master (just Basket Master in the UK, under the Imagine brand) and Freddy Hardest In South Manhattan each gained three votes.

Then we have Comando Tracer; Freddy Hardest; Hundra and Rocky - each of these gained two votes.

Finally, in one-vote territory: Abu Simbel Profanation; After The War; Babaliba; Camelot Warriors; Don Quijote; Megaphoenix; Phantomas 2 and Rescate Atlantida.

Now a look at the proportional results:

West Bank 18
Freddy Hardest 14
Dustin 11
Abu Simbel Profanation 7
Fernando Martin Basket Master 7
Camelot Warriors 6
Comando Tracer 5
After The War 3
Don Quijote 3
Navy Moves 3
Phantomas 2 3
Game Over 2
Phantis 2
Rescate Atlantida 2
Capitan Sevilla 1
Phantomas 1
Rocky 1
Turbo Girl 1

(Oh yeah, I'm late with compiling these results 'cos I spent the past two days abroad, well away from a laptop/desktop PC where I usually do my working.)
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
RWAC
Manic Miner

Post by RWAC »

What happened to Astro Marine Corps in the proportional vote?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Glad to see a groundswell for Camelot Warriors in the prop vote.
RWAC wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 7:26 pm What happened to Astro Marine Corps in the proportional vote?
Looks like Prodge has missed the 2 prop votes it got (one abbreviated to AMC). Strange it got so few prop votes yet placed second with 7 in the main vote.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

R-Tape wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:32 am Looks like Prodge has missed the 2 prop votes it got (one abbreviated to AMC). Strange it got so few prop votes yet placed second with 7 in the main vote.
I haven't missed them. I've counted all eligible proportional vote comments and discounted the two that weren't eligible.

@RWAC and @worcestersource both mentioned Astro Marine Corps, but they did not submit a COMPLETE top three, it was just (respectively) a top one and a top two. I need to see three games at a minimum, and I count those top three.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

OH SPARE ME THE PETTIFOGGING BUREACRACY!

(Sorry to have doubted you :mrgreen: )
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Post by worcestersource »

Seems fair; Pete’s rules!

I’d not really played many Dinamic games and think I only had AMC on a compilation. Thinking about it, West Bank was on a Gremlin one.
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

toot_toot wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:29 pm What’s better - a free game like Dustin or Army Moves which cost £7.95 at the time? (Dustin was a pretty awesome giveaway).
I don't think price should ever come into the equation for these polls. The game is the game. Just vote for the best one.

Any impact from the marketing, including the price, is built in to the vote if people, for instance, didn't play a game because they couldn't afford it / it wasn't available.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

R-Tape wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:40 am OH SPARE ME THE PETTIFOGGING BUREACRACY!
I actually went through the thread again, starting a new proportional count from scratch, because I was worried I'd fudged it! Relieved that wasn't the case.

worcestersource wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:53 am Seems fair; Pete’s rules!
If I didn't have this rule in place, I'd probably leave lots of top ones and top twos in my own voting threads. There are times when I don't vote at all, simply because I don't feel confident I've played enough of a brand's softography to say "this one is the best". That's the case here - I didn't vote in any way, because the entirety of my Dinamic experiences has been:

Dustin (great game)
Army Moves (wonderful)
Navy Moves playable demo (I was awful, but enjoyed getting to torch enemies alive with flamethrower)
Camelot Warriors (very much loved this)

I don't think that's enough experience for me to say "that's the best Dinamic game" for any of the above four (I'm still undecided on which one it is), I'm missing out on a huge chunk of their output and although I have a folder of the TOSEC ZX Spectrum collection where I can play ~99% of the Speccy's game library, I just haven't the time.
Lee P
Manic Miner

Post by Lee P »

43 posts and nobody's made the obvious joke about their loading screens? Fine, I'll do it.

Dinamic: they had their knockers.
Matt_B
Manic Miner

Post by Matt_B »

You also appear to have missed the three votes for Game Over in the main vote. What's the excuse for that?

It might not be their greatest hit, but you can't deny that it's got a couple of things going for it. ;)
ParadigmShifter
Manic Miner

Post by ParadigmShifter »

Probably a boob on his part.

This thread seems to have gone all tits up!
zup
Manic Miner

Post by zup »

PeteProdge wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 10:10 amI've genuinely never heard of the winner of this poll, let alone even played it, but I can't deny it got lots of love here.

That winner being West Bank, with 13 votes, leaving much of the rest far behind.
When everybody's done with West Bank, maybe they should look to Silver Gun.
Lee P
Manic Miner

Post by Lee P »

ParadigmShifter wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:04 am Probably a boob on his part.
And now he's abreast of the situation.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Matt_B wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:57 am You also appear to have missed the three votes for Game Over in the main vote. What's the excuse for that?
Now that is a genuine mistake, that I am going to rectify!

Still nothing wrong on how I handled the proportional results - as I clarified, but here is my rewritten summary of the main vote:

The winner is West Bank, with 13 votes, leaving much of the rest far behind.

Second place, with seven votes: Astro Marine Corps.

Then in third place with six votes, a title familiar to UK Speccy users for its inclusion on a YS covertape, it's Dustin!

Fernando Martin Basket Master (just Basket Master in the UK, under the Imagine brand); Freddy Hardest In South Manhattan and Game Over each gained three votes.

Then we have Comando Tracer; Freddy Hardest; Hundra and Rocky - each of these gained two votes.

Finally, in one-vote territory: Abu Simbel Profanation; After The War; Babaliba; Camelot Warriors; Don Quijote; Megaphoenix; Phantomas 2 and Rescate Atlantida.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

Where are the 3 votes for Freddy Hardest in South Manhattan? can´t see in the listing.