telnet client

The Speccy's spritely young offspring. Discuss everything from FPGA to ZX
danboid
Dizzy

telnet client

Post by danboid »

Is there a telnet client for the Next so I can telnet into my Linux boxes etc via wifi? Note I don't want to have to use the RPi0 for this, I don't have the Pi0 accelerator.
jamesh
Dizzy

Re: telnet client

Post by jamesh »

Good question, if there is one I'd love to know more about it.

Meanwhile, .UART has some rudimentary streaming support ("CIPSEND mode"), but it's not a proper terminal emulator. If you feel adventurous, taking an open source terminal (snapCterm? z80-telnet? ZX Terminal? PLATOTerm?) and replacing "serial port driver" may do the trick.
danboid
Dizzy

Post by danboid »

Do you have any links for ZX Terminal or PLATOTerm for the Speccy?

Thanks
danboid
Dizzy

Post by danboid »

If there isn't a native telnet client for nextzxos yet, we might be able to run telnet under CP/M but telnet isn't one of the commands that gets installed by default on the Next version of CP/M Plus.

Including ping with CP/M would be nice too. I'm presuming it has working networking?
jamesh
Dizzy

Post by jamesh »

danboid wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:59 pm Do you have any links for ZX Terminal or PLATOTerm for the Speccy?
I think Github hosts all of those projects. snapCterm (the one I would personally try first) and PLATOTerm.

I also have my own abstraction layer above the ESP "modem", exposing more or less "traditional" API (send byte/receive byte) and making it relatively easy to plug it in instead of z88dk rs232 routines, but it's not 100% ready yet.