The best Speccy game by Future Stars: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun May 26, 2024 7:56 am

Ali-Bebe
10%
Krypton Raiders
30%
Tommy
60%

Total votes: 10

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Right then, I've wrung it all out of Your Sinclair issue 19, a mid-1987 choice of mine. This is Future Stars, the 'L plate' section of Dinamic Software and you have only three games to judge...

Ali-Bebe

Krypton Raiders

Tommy

Next week? Well, time to look at a different part of the Speccy's commercial era. We'll go towards the start.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: The best Speccy game by Future Stars: vote

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

I voted for Tommy as it's the only decent game, a Pyjamarama clone that can be good for the Wally Week fans.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:19 pm I voted for Tommy as it's the only decent game
I voted Tommy too, but I think all three are pretty good. I'm pleasantly surprised how well they all play, given that the screenshots predisposed me to expect clunky howlers with impossible gameplay.

1 - Tommy. Pound shop Pyjamarama, which is no bad thing at all!
2 - Krypton Raiders. It reminds me of The Prize, The Pyramid and Microbot all rolled into one. Just my cup of tea and it nearly got top spot.
3 - Ali Bebe. A cartoony maze game. It probably should get an award for most incongruous inlay art. As good as it is, I don't think the artist was given any information whatsoever about the game!
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Post by Hank Scorpio »

1 Krypton Raiders
2 Tommy
3 Ali Bebe
Lee P
Manic Miner

Post by Lee P »

1. Krypton Raiders. Perfectly adequate maze shooter.
2. Ali Bebe. Not sure what's going on but I quite like the graphics.
3. Tommy. Poundshop Wally Week is right, the trouble is I was never any good at these games even in English.
Pobulous
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pobulous »

1. Ali Bebe - This gets the nod because they made some effort with the maze graphics - good for younger players, as colourful and not brutally difficult.
2. Krypton Raiders - Smooth movement is good, but very lazy brick pattern background graphics.
3. Tommy - Nothing good here
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Right, let's see if I can write up the summary of this poll of an offshoot of Dinamic Software without doing it as badly as I did on the Dinamic poll this past week...

Tommy is the clear winner here, with six votes.

Krypton Raiders comes second, with three votes.

Just one vote goes to Ali-Bebe, putting it in third place.

Things are different on the proportional results!:

Krypton Raiders 10
Ali-Bebe 7
Tommy 7
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!