Is there a site that announces new games?

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Is there a site that announces new games?

Post by Lee Bee »

Spectrum Computing may be the home of the English-speaking Speccy community, but clearly, not all new games get announced here straight away.

I was wondering if there was some "main" news site that announces all the new releases? Or is it a matter of keeping your eye on multiple sites?
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Re: Is there a site that announces new games?

Post by 8BitAG »

Planeta Sinclair will let you know about most of them
https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/
and lots of old, recovered games too.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

8BitAG wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:14 pm Planeta Sinclair will let you know about most of them
https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/
Thanks, I love @Andre Leao , and his updates here, but all his articles are in Portugese so sadly I've never been able to read any of them, much to my disappointment.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

On the top left of the site, you can activate the automatic translator option. Not perfect, but it will do the job. Sorry for writing in Portuguese, but there are so many sites in English and none in my native language, I decided it was about time to have one in Portuguese ;)
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

And thanks you both for the nice words :)
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Thanks, Andre, I didn't know about the translator feature! I knew that I could copy and paste every paragraph into Google Translate, but that is too much work. Now I know about the translation function I will definitely start reading your articles, thanks!

And please don't apologise for making a Portugese site. It's wonderful to see the Speccy being spoken about around the world in many countries and languages. Every culture is different and interesting, and brings something unique. I wish there could be a Speccy site in every language!
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

Lee Bee wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:59 pm Thanks, Andre, I didn't know about the translator feature! I knew that I could copy and paste every paragraph into Google Translate, but that is too much work. Now I know about the translation function I will definitely start reading your articles, thanks!

And please don't apologise for making a Portugese site. It's wonderful to see the Speccy being spoken about around the world in many countries and languages. Every culture is different and interesting, and brings something unique. I wish there could be a Speccy site in every language!
You don't just put the URL in to Google Translate?
I didn't know there was an on page Translate either :lol:
ParadigmShifter
Dynamite Dan

Post by ParadigmShifter »

On page translate is good there yeah.

It's an excellent site!
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

I don't like google so I don't translate Andre's site. I just look for aqui :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Another nod for Planeta Sinclair here. I'm spoiled for choice with translation: whenever I open the site, there is the translate tab obvious on the page, and I get a browser notification to translate.

Though if you're in a hurry... look for the little yellow aqui

(PS needs a signature tune to do with that ditty!)
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

akeley wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:54 am I don't like google so I don't translate Andre's site. I just look for aqui :)
If Firefox is an option for you, I’ve found its built-in translator has improved recently and does a good job with Planeta Sinclair. You need to download the language pack, but I think that means the translation is done on your machine rather than sending it off to “the cloud” so it’s a bit more privacy-protecting too (though I don’t know for sure!).

There’s a lot more to enjoy than just “aqui”, haha! :D
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

flatduckrecords wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:38 am If Firefox is an option for you, I’ve found its built-in translator has improved recently and does a good job with Planeta Sinclair.
Good shout, I forgot about this option. Yes, it's all local apparently: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/f ... translate/
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

I don't know about a site that would metodically announce absolutely each release. But if you don't know these yet, you may also check:

Great blog about new retro games, not only Spectrum:
https://www.indieretronews.com/

Russian subforum about new Spectrum games, you may read it with Google Translate:
https://zx-pk.ru/forums/115-novye-igry- ... ctrum.html
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

Thanks so much, chaps.
flatduckrecords wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:38 am If Firefox is an option for you, I’ve found its built-in translator has improved recently
I'm still using Firefox until September, when support for Windows 7 is dropped. The translator feature was only added in version 117 which requires Windows 10 or later.
flatduckrecords wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:38 amit’s a bit more privacy-protecting too (though I don’t know for sure!).
Anyone who cares about privacy should not touch Windows 10. It doesn't just have a few backdoors like Win7, it is fundamentally designed to spy on users. Then again, I've come to learn that there is no such thing as privacy in the modern world. You are always being watched.
Last edited by Lee Bee on Wed May 22, 2024 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

Lee Bee wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:42 pmYou are always being watched..
Don't mind me, just marking this post so I can update the team's gangstalking_lee_bee.doc later.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Lee Bee wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:42 pm Anyone who cares about privacy should not touch Windows 10. It doesn't just have a few backdoors like Win7, it is fundamentally designed to spy on users. Then again, I've come to learn that there is no such thing as privacy in the modern world. You are always being watched.
https://github.com/henrypp/simplewall