TileMap v1.0

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
obo
Drutt

Re: TileMap v1.0

Post by obo »

[mention]djnzx48[/mention]: I've pushed a code update to GitHub that includes a partial Sabre Wulf implementation.

That game has all the state data in a single block, which is broken into 12-byte units for different entity types. It's stored in the game object, and updated when the active room reaches certain points in the code. The inactive rooms take a copy of the data when the reach the same points, to synchronise entities between rooms. Currently only the wulf, rhinos, and fire are supported. The game doesn't support drawing partial sprites at the room edges so they do jump a bit as they cross the boundary, but you'll only ever see them in one room.

The natives and hippo/warthog are more complicated as they res-pawn near Sabreman if they stray too far away. I'll get round to finishing that off at some point.

The data and locking may give you what you need, if you know where the state is stored and a good place to synchronise it. If not, let me know and I'll take a closer look.