11 MIA games found from the 80's

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

boojiboy6236
Drutt

11 MIA games found from the 80's

Post by boojiboy6236 »

I have recently found my copied Spectrum games that have been hidden away in my parents loft since the late 1980's, among them I have found at least 11 games that are classified as missing in action on the World of Spectrum website they are Toads Travels by Assassin 1983, Micro IQ by MK Circuits 1983, Star Trade by Digital Dexterity 1984, The Exterminator by Algray 1983, Moortown Golf by Hornby 1983, Race horse by Sean Jeffery 1985 there are 5 text adventures Warriors Revenge and The Land of no Return by Video Force (2 parts of a Trilogy the other being Castle of Death-not got)1984, Escape from Stalag 13 by AGS 1985, Hells Bells by Kerian 1984 and Dr Bongo's Safari Park by Custom 1983. I also have a copying program called Spymod that isn't on WoS and a copy of the unreleased game Robotron 2084 which is a much better copy than the Final TZX version on WoS no glitches. The game are currently being converted by admin at WoS and will be added to the site in due course.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: 11 MIA games found from the 80's

Post by R-Tape »

Cool! Any chance you can make them available to us so we can update ZXDB? I'll send you a PM with contact details.

We're doing updates every 7-10 days, we've probably missed the current one but can catch the next if you're willing.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Always nice to find MIAs.

Another piece of history that is saved.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Thanks for taking the time and review the MIA lists. Is not only important to find the tapes, but also to take the time and research a bit the state of the preservation, as you did. So, thanks again!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Hi!

I have seen your earlier thread at WOS and already said thanks but nothing wrong happens if I say thanks again :)
Hope to see your rarity games soon here, there or anywhere!
boojiboy6236
Drutt

Post by boojiboy6236 »

I have sent the game cassettes to an Admin at WoS, who has been dumping the files and has been updating me on the progress, he will be updating the WoS site hopefully soon with the new Tzx zips of all the games. I am hoping some of the games might appear in the forthcoming Crash Annual Below are some image of a few of the MIA games from C15's & C90's

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

boojiboy6236 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:58 pm I also have a copying program called Spymod that isn't on WoS and a copy of the unreleased game Robotron 2084...
[mention]Gilby[/mention], are these available by any chance?
boojiboy6236
Drutt

Post by boojiboy6236 »

Just to let the community know Steven Brown has posted a lot of new MIA Games to the Spectrum for Everyone facebook site including all the MIA games mentioned in the new Crash Annual 2019, he has added that the games are available to post on this website they include a lot of my MIA games and lots from other contributors includes Hunchy, Myth, Lunar Rescue, Jet Set Willy 4, 5 & 6, Komplex City, Munchman, Star Trade plus loads of others,
MERRY XMAS!!!
boojiboy6236
Drutt

Post by boojiboy6236 »

Forgot to mention quite a few more on the World of Spectrum Facebook site, I believe they will be posted on the WoS site soon!!!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Looks like Steve uploaded a lot of new stuff on Facebook. Some of these are MIAs and some are e.g. tape versions when we possesed only a snapshot before.

It's important what Steve says explicitly:

That's it for tonight. Thanks to Guy Bearman Andrew Blood and Dan Laine for their contributions towards these uploads. All the best. PS And thanks to Jeffe Gilbertson for his contributions to the uploads last night. PPS The Spectrum Computing bods are again welcome to snaffle the images if they want.

To be sure I downloaded all these programs. If it is required, I may start to upload them here through upload facility.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Cheers Ralf, that'd be great, as long as Steve is proper okay with it.

If it's genuinely OK, they can go in the January update. Nothing was 'snaffled' last time; I asked the preservation team if we were welcome, and they said yes and sent me the files.

If it's politically difficult, we can wait.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

And here are the new/updated titles from Steve packed into a single .zip file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3vqq5r

Some interesting MIA titles here but go and check it yourself :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]Ralf[/mention]

Just personal preference but I don't like sendspace. It always seems to want you to register (it may just be me!), so I have popped the file onto my Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fp44y8dnjcsy3 ... n.zip?dl=0
Gilby
Drutt

Post by Gilby »

Hi,

Just to reiterate, its totally fine to include the images which I posted to Facebook over the last couple of days here.

There is a ton of extra stuff which has been done and in the pipeline, the intention is to get this uploaded to WoS and here so everyone can benefit from it.

I've got a crazy few months coming up, but after the end of March I should have a lot more time to clear the backlog.

Cheers, Steve