ZX81 Programming Problems

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
jetsetmike
Drutt

ZX81 Programming Problems

Post by jetsetmike »

I am using EightyOne V1.12 emulator on my PC for playing ZX81 .P files and thought I would try some programming. I hit a snag immediately with trying to enter the commands as I could not work out the PC keys to use for switching to the various ZX81 keyboard.

I would appreciate it if some kind person could explain the PC keys I need to use to achieve whats needed

Thanks

Mike
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: ZX81 Programming Problems

Post by PeterJ »

Can you give us a bit more details as to the program you are trying to enter and the problems you are experiencing when using the PC keyboard.

https://sebastien.andrivet.com/en/posts ... lair-zx81/

It takes a while to get used to the keywords entry system, but reading the zx81 manual will help
jetsetmike
Drutt

Post by jetsetmike »

Using the PC keyboard I can't find the key combination to get the white commands ABOVE each ZX81 key. I can achieve printing all the other values on each of the keys just not the ABOVE value.
I will have another look at the manual
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi,

If you reset the ZX81, then the first key you press will give you the command in white. For example 'P' will give you 'Print'

This will get you started:

http://zxnext.narod.ru/manuals/ZX81_Manual.pdf
jetsetmike
Drutt

Post by jetsetmike »

Thanks very much for the info and now after reading the first few pages of the manual I am up and running.
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

You only get the command words when the ZX81 is expecting a command, hence the cursor is a ‘K’ (meaning command).
When the cursor is ‘L’ it is in letter mode. After pressing and holding SHIFT and then pressing return (FUNCTION/NEW LINE) the cursor will change to ‘F’ so you can enter a function.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
jetsetmike
Drutt

Post by jetsetmike »

Thank you Mark for the info. Every little helps !!!
Mike