Introduce yourself!

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
Nick
Dizzy

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Nick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:59 pm

Good afternoon.

I'm Nick McLelland, a fairly regular contributor/rambler on the World Of Spectrum forum, mainly reviewing games in the 1980's to 2010's threads and I thought it was about time I registered on this forum as well so I can waffle away here also. :)

My first experience with a Speccy was playing Manic Miner on my uncle's back in 1983 and was instantly hooked and I badgered my parents for one that Christmas. I have recently been trying to get to grips with such utilities such as PAW and AGD but this irritating thing called real life keeps getting in the way. ;)

So, hello again and I hope to have just as much fun reading and posting on this site as I do on WOS.
2 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:01 pm

Hello!
Nick wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:59 pm
I have recently been trying to get to grips with such utilities such as PAW and AGD but this irritating thing called real life keeps getting in the way. ;)
Have you made a Speccy game before? If not, make 2019 the year!
0 x

Nick
Dizzy

Post by Nick » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Back around 1987 time myself and mate made a couple of games using Argus Press' Arcade Creator and sent them off to Alternative Software. My mate was convinced that we were on our way to being millionaires , the games got rejected. :oops: :D

If I remember right, one was a shoot-em-up called Solar Fire and other was a platform affair called Attack Of The Killer Space Hoppers and no I do not have any copies of them floating around.

I am hoping that finally I will get round to creating at least one game this coming year, but don't hold your breath everyone. ;)
1 x

Juan F. Ramirez
Dynamite Dan

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:30 pm

Welcome, @Nick !
0 x

SUPERMORITZ
Berk

Post by SUPERMORITZ » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi, my name is Sebastian.

I am addicted to the speccy, but i still can't do any coding in machine code (which i want to learn since ages...)
Most of the time i am getting on the nerves of experienced users (sorry Dave!) to create some games with AGD or other tools.
I am kind of obsessed to build a 8 bit monument of my dog, who is seriously ill.
Slowly approaching my 50s i am still feeling like 13 years old, when it comes to 8-bit fever.
Collecting all kinds of speccy stuff, i have regularly arguments with my wife (she don't live in the 8-bit world and can not understand, why it is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious to touch a rubber key...she wants me to do a day job, to pay the bills and put all the "old rubbish" in the dustbin...when she was young she owned a C64, so i can't blame her to be so cruel ;) )

Long live the speccy!!!!
3 x

Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ast A. Moore » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 pm

SUPERMORITZ wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 pm
when she was young she owned a C64
And you . . . married her? :o
You’ve brought it on yourself, man.

:lol:
0 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

SUPERMORITZ
Berk

Post by SUPERMORITZ » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:35 am

Ast A. Moore wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:33 pm
SUPERMORITZ wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:28 pm
when she was young she owned a C64
And you . . . married her? :o
You’ve brought it on yourself, man.

:lol:
She knows nada about 8-bit computers, but she has a good taste in men :lol:
1 x

CaptainKrenon
Berk

Post by CaptainKrenon » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi!

I'm new to this forum. My name is Alberto, I've been more-or-less following the internet Spectrum community for 20 years or so but I haven't participated that much in online forums.

In the 90s I used to have a page (in Spanish) with my favourite games, emulators and links to some of the websites that already existed back then (WoS, Planet Sinclair, El Mundo del Spectrum ...). I even wrote a simple tool for DOS and Linux called ZXSEE that allowed the user to display .SCR files and convert them to/from other formats.

I'm also a long time Linux user and occasional contributor to the Fuse emulator, my main responsibility is to make Fuse available in Debian (and indirectly Ubuntu and other related distributions) and more recently Flatpak.

And I think that's all, I don't know if I'll participate much here but I'm glad to see the Spectrum community still going strong.

See you around!
2 x

Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ast A. Moore » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:04 pm

Welcome aboard, @CaptainKrenon!

1 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

Juan F. Ramirez
Dynamite Dan

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:42 pm

¡Bienvenido, Alberto!
1 x