Games news from a parallel universe

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Games news from a parallel universe

Post by PeteProdge »

Well, that was bizarre. Just finished my Sunday dinner and then all of a sudden, a wormhole appeared and a different version of myself popped out and handed me a copy of this month's Your Sinclair.

He didn't have much time to explain it to me, but the gist of it is, in his dimension, the ZX Spectrum is still a commercially viable platform, it's a place where people just got bored of the so-called 'superior' platforms. Then he jumped back into the wormhole before I could ask for next week's lottery numbers.

Here's a quick scan of T'Zers..

Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Re: Games news from a parallel universe

Post by MatGubbins »

Important news has arrived by a white raven telling us about the official Game Of Thrones arcade game! It's bound to be a winner and we hope that Macsen Software proven track record of TV to computer conversions will not let us down. Be you a Lannister, a Stark, a trader from Bravos or that bird with the Dragons......Winter is coming for all 128k owners £7.95
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Bizarre! I also had some guy calling himself Pete Prodge appear from a wormhole during my morning porridge today, all he said was "Here's an issue of YS from 3 months in the future, sorry, it's a cricket special". Then he deliquesced away.

I picked a couple of mockups...

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

MatGubbins wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:38 pm Important news has arrived by a white raven telling us about the official Game Of Thrones arcade game! It's bound to be a winner and we hope that Macsen Software proven track record of TV to computer conversions will not let us down. Be you a Lannister, a Stark, a trader from Bravos or that bird with the Dragons......Winter is coming for all 128k owners £7.95
That's right up my street. Love the show immensely.

In a way, it's already on the Speccy...
[youtube]https://youtu.be/FOVczir_y_A[/youtube]
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Wall_Axe
Manic Miner

Post by Wall_Axe »

get your gnashers around this kangaroo- lol

The spectrum would be 134238974987982374K by now?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

As expected, Ocean got the rights to publish the official Russia 2018 world cup game for the ZX Spectrum. It will be called 'International Match Day - Russia 2018 edition'. There are rumours that Jon Ritman & Chris Clarke will be again in charge of the team of 300 programmers, graphic designers, testers and donut confectioners that will release the game.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:09 pm As expected, Ocean got the rights to publish the official Russia 2018 world cup game for the ZX Spectrum. It will be called 'International Match Day - Russia 2018 edition'. There are rumours that Jon Ritman & Chris Clarke will be again in charge of the team of 300 programmers, graphic designers, testers and donut confectioners that will release the game.
Already a Your Sinclair Megagame; Crash Smash and Sinclair User Classic. The publishing companies are currently reviewing their firewall software.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:09 pm As expected, Ocean got the rights to publish the official Russia 2018 world cup game for the ZX Spectrum. It will be called 'International Match Day - Russia 2018 edition'. There are rumours that Jon Ritman & Chris Clarke will be again in charge of the team of 300 programmers, graphic designers, testers and donut confectioners that will release the game.
Good job it wasn't US Gold.... the merchandise, the stickers, the wall calendar, the sew on patch, the badge, the t-shirt, stick-on fluffy bugs, the slightly reprogrammed Artic game.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Quite scary, I could imagine that column quite realistically.

Though I wonder if people would have eventually got sick of film tie-ins, and start bringing back originality points for new game ideas...
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

Reviewed this issue:

TerrormolAthens (Hewson)
Trump Tower Willy (Software Projects)
Monty Goes Fracking (Gremlin)
Raid over Pyongyang (U.S. Gold)
Strictly Come Dancing - The Computer Game (Domark)
Strictly Dumb Prancing (Mastertronic)
Advanced Dancing Simulator (CodeMasters)
How to be a Complete S*x P*st (Virgin)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Joefish wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:22 pm Strictly Come Dancing - The Computer Game (Domark)
Quite like the sound of that one actually.

Did I say that or just think it?
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:21 pm
Joefish wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:22 pm Strictly Come Dancing - The Computer Game (Domark)
Quite like the sound of that one actually.

Did I say that or just think it?
You done it, said it, typed it, posted it and questioned yourself afterwards. Guilty.
Pity the only noise will be a continuous clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap-clap once the game has loaded.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

I'm not that keen on your alternative universe though...
Also we'll be talking to the makers of Super Trolley II - Toy Shop Scramble in our local Beatties superstore, and win an arty-farty weekend in Malta with the Rolf's Junior Art School programme!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

I like the idea of Brexit Monty.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 pm Bizarre! I also had some guy calling himself Pete Prodge appear from a wormhole during my morning porridge today, all he said was "Here's an issue of YS from 3 months in the future, sorry, it's a cricket special". Then he deliquesced away.

I picked a couple of mockups...

This is all my fault...