In Search Of Mort / En Busca de Mortadelo hosting

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

In Search Of Mort / En Busca de Mortadelo hosting

Post by Neil Parsons »

Hi,

It's my first post in this new forum. Some may know myself from WOS and other retrogaming forums. ;)

The question is that graphic artist and also programmer Alfonso Fdez. Borro is asking for hosting the new and definite version of his unique videogame "En Busca de Mortadelo" (or In Search Of Mort, as it is called in English) and I suppose Einar, or somebody else, could do that favour, even here or at other sites like New Spectrum Games.

This latest version, with an adding loading screen of mine, and some modifications made on it, can't be downloaded, at least at this moment.

If someone can talk with Alfonso to get the files, just contact him on Facebook at his team SigloXXI site.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: In Search Of Mort / En Busca de Mortadelo hosting

Post by R-Tape »

Neil Parsons wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 pm Hi,
Hello!
Neil Parsons wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:06 pm It's my first post in this new forum. Some may know myself from WOS and other retrogaming forums. ;)
What's the story with this game? I see it's down as one of Alfonso's MIAs on WoS, has he rediscovered it or remade it?

I'm not on FB (I'll have to change that!) ,hopefully Peter can get in touch, I'd love to see it on this site, it's already got a ZXDB entry.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

Hi!

Well, in fact it was MIA until several years ago that some friends from Computer Emuzone (Raul Monton, mainly) found it but as a Z80 snapshot, not in tape format. But for some reason wasn't submitted to WOS archive during the following dates in that state.

I've seen there's an entry in this site to that early version in here: https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=24422

Fortunately, Alfonso had challenged to improve his game (he had the source code somehow) and, after 30 years from when he started to make it, he has launched the final version few weeks ago, starting with a limited edition in physical format for those who wanted a copy and some day soon he would publish or announce a place somewhere to get the files for free download.

I've already got the files from him, including tape inlays in each language (UK, Portuguese and Spanish). :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Neil Parsons wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:00 pm Fortunately, Alfonso had challenged to improve his game (he had the source code somehow) and, after 30 years from when he started to make it, he has launched the final version few weeks ago, starting with a limited edition in physical format for those who wanted a copy and some day soon he would publish or announce a place somewhere to get the files for free download.

I've already got the files from him, including tape inlays in each language (UK, Portuguese and Spanish). :)
Great! Assuming Alfonso's okay with it could you email the files to spectrumcomputing [at] outlook.com?

Peter or I can get it touch if there are any details Alfonso wants to discuss.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

Sure! Already sent an email. :)
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks Neil,

Files received. We will get these made available and post updates here. please thank Alfonso.

Peter
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

The portuguese version is hosted at Planeta Sinclair since early october.

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.pt/201 ... adela.html

You can download it or order the game...
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]Neil Parsons[/mention] we wanted to let you know that we have updated the site with the latest version of ZXDB and the game and the associated files can be found here:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=24422
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Top stuff!
Andre Leao wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:01 am https://planetasinclair.blogspot.pt/201 ... adela.html

You can download it or order the game...
Where can you buy the tape from? Planetasinclair only have the download by the looks of it.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

If you have a facebook accounte, you can contact:

https://www.facebook.com/guillermocoll

Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

PeterJ wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:30 pm @Neil Parsons we wanted to let you know that we have updated the site with the latest version of ZXDB and the game and the associated files can be found here:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index.p ... 6&id=24422
Thank you!! I'll ackowledge it to Alfonso. :)

BTW, Happy New Year everyone!