Loading Programs from Compilations?

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
jetsetmike
Drutt

Loading Programs from Compilations?

Post by jetsetmike »

I have most of the recognized emulators and the one thing I have not been able to overcome is how to access the second and subsequent programs on a compilation. On loading it just loads the first program and that's it.
If someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, assuming its possible to list and load all the compilation programs using a emulator
Cheers
Mike
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Re: Loading Programs from Compilations?

Post by 8BitAG »

Most emulators allow you to open the "tape" menu (for example in Fuse it's under the Media tab and in Spectaculator you hit the tape icon) from where you can select a section of the tape to start the loading from.
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Yes, open tape browser and point to proper program. Works all right for me in Spectaculator.

If you have autoload option enabled then first program on tape loads after you opened the tape image. In such case reset the Spectrum, point to your program and type LOAD "" manually.

As I remember many of these compilations have several tape images packed all into one .zip file where one .tzx or .tap file represents usually one side of cassette. In such case you must choose the proper side, containing your program of course.
jetsetmike
Drutt

Post by jetsetmike »

Thanks for that info, I will give it a go
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

FUSE also keeps the tape counter at the same position when you reset the machine. So you can load one program, reset, then LOAD "" the next one.
jetsetmike
Drutt

Post by jetsetmike »

Thanks for that further info and that was something I wasn't aware of.