TIKI TACA

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Climacus
Drutt

TIKI TACA

Post by Climacus »

Hello.

Here is TIKI TACA, a free Ultimate Atic Atac isometric remake.

I hope you like it.

Climacus.

http://zx-dev-mia-remakes.proboards.com ... rollTo=567

Ersh
Manic Miner

Re: TIKI TACA

Post by Ersh »

Looks great! Will be trying this later on today, thanks!
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

Pretty brilliant. Atic Atak was never really my thing, but this rendition looks wonderful. Great job!
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:25 am Pretty brilliant. Atic Atak was never really my thing, but this rendition looks wonderful. Great job!
I liked Sabre Wulf so much, but programing my game, Ive noticed that Atic Atac is a very good game.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Looks amazing. I'll tray later and tell.

Love the name, by the way! :D
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Seems very interesting. It will be a long day for me before I give it a try in the evening ;)
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Climacus wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:41 am I liked Sabre Wulf so much, but programing my game, Ive noticed that Atic Atac is a very good game.
Great! This looks really amazing. And yes, Atic Atac looks like a simple game, but has so many small details here and there that ultimately (no pun intended) can be a more complex game in terms of design than Sabre Wulf.

Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Just played it for the first time. Great game with interesting details (the lift, for example).

Cute graphics and catches the essence of any Ultimate game. Good work, [mention]Climacus[/mention] !
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:54 am Just played it for the first time. Great game with interesting details (the lift, for example).

Cute graphics and catches the essence of any Ultimate game. Good work, @Climacus !
Its interesting. About the lift, it was a desperate decision because I hadn´t memory enought to put stairs. :)
Morcar
Microbot

Post by Morcar »

Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

We already have the youtube video, we only need the map by [mention]pavero[/mention] ! :mrgreen:
Daren
Manic Miner

Post by Daren »

This is great! Is there anyway to drop stuff like in the original? Every time I find a part of the big key in the original I take it back to the first screen, so I can walk around with just the little keys.
Kweepa
Manic Miner

Post by Kweepa »

Looks lovely, and fast. Nice job!

Just curious, and this is in no way intended as criticism - was it influenced by the other Atic Atac isometric remake in production for the Vega(?)? Or vice versa? Or is it just great minds thinking alike?

(Also - the clock seems to be missing its left edge in the video...)
Daren
Manic Miner

Post by Daren »

Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

Daren wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:09 pm This is great! Is there anyway to drop stuff like in the original? Every time I find a part of the big key in the original I take it back to the first screen, so I can walk around with just the little keys.
Thanks.

Sorry, but you only can leave/pick up objects in determined places.
This is because the isometric engine. It would be a madness to put ten objects in the screen, with the hero, four enemies and the shoot.
So I opted for putting some places (random places each time you play) for the objects.
I think that indeed, this adds strategy to the game.
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

Kweepa wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 am Looks lovely, and fast. Nice job!

Just curious, and this is in no way intended as criticism - was it influenced by the other Atic Atac isometric remake in production for the Vega(?)? Or vice versa? Or is it just great minds thinking alike?

No. I wanted to program an isometric version of an ULTIMATE game. So I could use my brand new isometric engine.
I though in Underwurlde (my favourite ULTIMATE game) but It seemed very complicated (I have not leave it...) or Sabre Wulf, but then I noticed that Atic Atac could be a very good game to "isometrize". So, I started to see images, maps and videos from the original.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

And the full review. Loved the game...

https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... -taca.html
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Climacus wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 am
Kweepa wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:23 am Looks lovely, and fast. Nice job!

No. I wanted to program an isometric version of an ULTIMATE game. So I could use my brand new isometric engine.
I though in Underwurlde (my favourite ULTIMATE game) but It seemed very complicated (I have not leave it...) or Sabre Wulf, but then I noticed that Atic Atac could be a very good game to "isometrize". So, I started to see images, maps and videos from the original.
BTW, the layout of all rooms is identical with the original game?
pavero
Dynamite Dan

Post by pavero »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:11 pm We already have the youtube video, we only need the map by @pavero ! :mrgreen:
Yep, there is on the list. :)
Climacus
Drutt

Post by Climacus »

pavero wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 pm
Climacus wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:33 am No. I wanted to program an isometric version of an ULTIMATE game. So I could use my brand new isometric engine.
BTW, the layout of all rooms is identical with the original game?
Yes. Only the secret doors (barrel, clock and shelves) are not in the same places sometimes.
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

Looks fantastic! Great work! :)

I'm sure I'm just "having a bit of a moment", but I can't seem to download it. I keep getting a "tzx files cannot be previewed" page with no download link.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

GreenCard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:19 pm Looks fantastic! Great work! :)

I'm sure I'm just "having a bit of a moment", but I can't seem to download it. I keep getting a "tzx files cannot be previewed" page with no download link.
If you go to this page, at the top right you should be able to click 'download'—that'll give you the full .RAR
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

If you go to this page, at the top right you should be able to click 'download'—that'll give you the full .RAR
I would have a general request here. Please people, don't use .rar as packer for Spectrum games.
Use .zip instead. Rar files aren't recognized by most popular emulators. You cannot load .rar file directly into an emulator, you have to depack the files first. With zip you can just click on it and Spectaculator or Spin will allow you to load one of packed files.
GreenCard
Dynamite Dan

Post by GreenCard »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:35 pm
GreenCard wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:19 pm Looks fantastic! Great work! :)

Aha! Got it now. Many thanks. :)
beanz
Microbot

Post by beanz »

What a great game, thanks!