Advanced Swords and Sorcery

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
toot_toot
Manic Miner

Advanced Swords and Sorcery

Post by toot_toot »

I was reading an old copy of Sinclair User, specifically the May 86 issue and on page 8 it mentions PSS released “Advanced Swords and Sorcery” which contained various game enhancements, additional maps etc. It could be purchased through two ways - either send 4.95 if you’ve got the original game to get a copy of the enhanced one, or you could buy it for £14.95 as a stand-alone version.

Now, I love Swords and Sorcery (I’ve still got my original copy), but I’ve never seen Advanced Swords and Sorcery. Does it exist? Is it MIA or was it never released?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Swords and Sorcery

Post by PeterJ »

StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

They reused the artwork though.

toot_toot
Manic Miner

Post by toot_toot »

Thanks, but the sequel is a different game. The original Sinclair User item specifically refers to it as “Advanced Swords and Sorcery”, on this page here:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/mag.php ... =50&page=8

The sequel is mentioned in a different issue of SU as “Swords and Sorcery 2”, but I’ve never come across “Advanced Swords and Sorcery” apart from that SU issue and it looks like it was about to be released.
StooB
Dynamite Dan

Post by StooB »

toot_toot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:51 pm Thanks, but the sequel is a different game. The original Sinclair User item specifically refers to it as “Advanced Swords and Sorcery”.
Yes, you're right! In fact, the C&VG reference on the S&S2 page Peter linked to is also about "Advanced Swords".

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/mag.php ... 05&page=10