New Software 2019

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan

Re: New Software 2019

Post by Ast A. Moore » Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm

iadvd wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:16 pm
I do not understand very well :) do you mean that for instance the sticks of the musical notes should all be to the right side of the notes so the tiles that have those mirrored notes right now are not real notation?
Well, sheet music is written (and read) left to right. Notes have heads and stems (aside from whole notes, that is) that are appended to the right of the heads if they go up. For notes that are written with their stems down, you simply rotate them 180 degrees, so the stems end up on the left side.

For deciding when a stem goes up or down, a simple rule is the note B (which is written on the middle line of the staff). It can usually be written with the stem going in either direction. Notes that are below it have their stems go up; notes that are above it have their stems go down.

Dots (which simply extend a note’s duration by half) are also written to the right of the notes.

So, as an example of one of the note groups you have in that screen (a dotted quarter note, followed by a quarter note, followed by a half note), here’s what it should look like:

The same goes for the pictogram in the bottom left.

;)
1 x
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.

iadvd
Berk

Post by iadvd » Fri May 17, 2019 3:31 am

Ast A. Moore wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm
iadvd wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:16 pm
I do not understand very well :) do you mean that for instance the sticks of the musical notes should all be to the right side of the notes so the tiles that have those mirrored notes right now are not real notation?
Well, sheet music is written (and read) left to right. Notes have heads and stems (aside from whole notes, that is) that are appended to the right of the heads if they go up. For notes that are written with their stems down, you simply rotate them 180 degrees, so the stems end up on the left side.

For deciding when a stem goes up or down, a simple rule is the note B (which is written on the middle line of the staff). It can usually be written with the stem going in either direction. Notes that are below it have their stems go up; notes that are above it have their stems go down.

Dots (which simply extend a note’s duration by half) are also written to the right of the notes.

So, as an example of one of the note groups you have in that screen (a dotted quarter note, followed by a quarter note, followed by a half note), here’s what it should look like:

The same goes for the pictogram in the bottom left.

;)
Thanks for the explanation! I have changed all. If you download the .tap now I think is more realistic :D Hope you like this one!
Indeed if you refresh this forum page in your navigator the images of our former messages should be changed by the new ones too (the cache sometimes takes one or two navigator refreshes to update the images). Cheers and thanks again!

1 x
My experiments and games are here:
https://github.com/Iadvd/RetrocomputingZXSpectrum

Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ast A. Moore » Fri May 17, 2019 6:54 am

Excellent! Looks great now.
1 x

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,

solaris104
Berk

Post by solaris104 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am

3 x

djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:44 am

Really nice. That background twister is very cool.

A high score feature would make it even better.
0 x

Ast A. Moore
Dynamite Dan

Post by Ast A. Moore » Fri May 17, 2019 12:00 pm

solaris104 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am
New verion of game Pariboro.
http://hracka.org/~mike/2019/05/11-pariboro-v11/
Sweet little puzzle. I’d modify the redefine keys routine to exclude duplicates (i.e. the same key being defined for multiple controls).

Feel free to have a look at mine here.
0 x

Alessandro
Manic Miner

Post by Alessandro » Sun May 19, 2019 8:33 am

iadvd wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 6:37 am
Dear all, here is my second game... Birdy Cantabile (a Musical Puzzle) :)
Hi iadvd,

congratulations on your second game, I like it even more than the first!

Although it is not easy to create something "different" with the Churrera - that's why I used it myself very rarely, on Cousin Horace only in fact - the setting and gameplay seem unusual enough to me, and that's a big plus for me.
1 x

Daren
Microbot

Post by Daren » Tue May 21, 2019 5:46 pm

1 x

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape » Tue May 21, 2019 8:42 pm

Daren wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:46 pm
Sc0tb0t: https://dougie9mcg.itch.io/sc0tb0t
Not the most polished AGD game but good fun! We'll need a few more like this to warrant a 'Scottish Cryptozoological Theme' group in ZXDB yet though :mrgreen: .

If anyone's in touch with the author could they get a 'aye' or 'nay' regarding hosting the game at SC?
1 x

Dougie mcg
Berk

Post by Dougie mcg » Fri May 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi guys,
This is Dougie Mcg.

It's an 'aye' from me.

This is actually a project I've been making for my primary 6 class (10 year olds) using only the skills I am teaching them.
We use AGD in class after we've finished the coding part of our curriculum.
I wanted to show them that they have everything they need to go on and create their own speccy games and release them. Hopefully over the next few years as they build their skills we'll see the next batch of great speccy coders coming through. More importantly though they are developing a deep appreciation of the zx Spectrum and the joy of coding for it.

Thanks for hosting the game. It was great fun to make.

Cheers,
Dougie mcg
3 x