New Software 2019

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: New Software 2019

Post by R-Tape »

Einar Saukas wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:28 pm We will gladly host all their games here when they are ready.
Having your own entry in ZXDB is worth 3 or 4 GSCEs!
Dougie mcg
Drutt

Post by Dougie mcg »

Einar Saukas wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:28 pm This is fantastic!

We will gladly host all their games here when they are ready. Just let us know if we should credit the author name of each title, or just credit them all generically as "Students from SCHOOL NAME at CITY NAME". I assume that's not sensitive information (also names can be abbreviated as needed) and students would certainly love to see their names here, but you may need to check with school and/or parents. I'm looking forward to see these titles :)
Wow!
Thank you so much for that.
This will certainly ramp up the excitement around the project.
We should have them ready by the end of June. 😁
We will have a crack at doing our own loading screens too!
Thanks for the support. ❤️👍
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

You are welcome! :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Is anyone in touch with Ross Atkin? He's released his game, Operation labyrinth, over at WoS. It's already in ZXDB as a cassette only release. Could someone ask him if we can host his games?
eurocamsuite
Drutt

Post by eurocamsuite »

(oficial site of project: https://calentamientoglobalacelerado.ne ... rce/#prj04 )

It's here! With all of you the fourth and final installment of this saga written in compiled ZX-Basic, THE GALATIC CHATARRERO 4 - Final Battle

After the third installment of this project in which we experimented about the design of games based on pseudo-random mazes, basically through the combined use of RND and ATTR and with the use of a large part of the code of the previous edition of the saga, we prepared this time a game version of skill and strategy for our charismatic protagonist and titled THE GALATIC CHATARRERO 4 - Final Battle, with winks to old cinematographic works like Bishop of Battle (1983), shocking short of terror of Joseph Sargent in which quite novel infographic techniques were used for the time.

In this file # 04 of ZXOpenSource, as in previous installments, we will see the advantages and disadvantages that can bring us the use of the code of other previous programs as well as new simple techniques to combine the high and low resolution of the Spectrum based on the command OVER In the design of screens we have exploited the potential of my spartan cross software (for Windows) ZX-DRAW graphic design, which I have been forced to correct and update to the final usable version, and we have also used another tool own design that is GDU-Calc, a graphics editor / manager GDUs for Spectrum that has greatly facilitated the work with 16x16 sprites instead of the classic 8x8.

Finally and according to the results, we will see how to develop a game as simple as addictive, all with a progressive difficulty as fine as possible and that makes the last of the levels a quite complicated but not impossible challenge.

We will also easily learn how to mount our game on a cassette tape to load it into a real ZX-Spectrum (see quick guide to create physical tapes in zxopensource site).

I do not know why but something tells me that we are going to have a lot more fun studying these techniques than trying to help the Junkman to overcome the infallible artificial intelligences.

Complete gameplay of beta version....
You dare?
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhn4RhR5yvQ[/media]
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

Some tiny intros from Outline 2019 demoparty:

https://www.pouet.net/party.php?which=652&when=2019
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

djnzx48
Manic Miner

Post by djnzx48 »

Nice. Really like that animation in part 7.

Looks like the part 6 scroller is based on Extruder?
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

AY Megademo 3
Top quality stuff !
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ralf wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:10 pm Operation: Labyrinth Fall
http://www.indieretronews.com/2019/06/o ... .html#more
Cheers Ralf, this has already been mentioned.

As far as I can tell it's not a new game, just the author providing what was originally a cassette only release.
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

Not new, but some old demos found:
https://zxaaa.ru/view_demos.php
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Dear all, here is my third game... Rade Blunner Ep.2: Cannibal Wheh's Little Shop

R-Tape: as always, please feel free to add it to the ZXDB :)

Guide & code here:
https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... deBlunner2

Download here:
https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... tz_ver.tap

If you have Fuse+Spectranet (or a real Spectrum + Spectranet peripheral) you can try the Android TCP/IP Virtual Joystick and play wireless using your Android phone or tablet as a joystick with this version below (instructions to use it are in the first link):
https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... ck_ver.tap

I have tried to add some technical experiments to this game: a minimap that shows the rooms that you have already visited, a conversation panel in which you can see important clues on specific rooms, a place of the panel where you will see your advance in the completion of the game (an image is drawn in three steps, while you cover the objectives of the game), some blocked doors that require the correct position of some switches (they change randomly every time you play) and a "boss" enemy named Clive :)

The loading screen is not a screen but a little program with a better (well I tried it to be better...) version of the game tune, a loading screen image and a greetings/greetz scroll in which I have tried to add all the places that gave me feedback of my previous games and some people that gave me good advices.

If by any chance you find some problems loading the tap version I linked above (the one that has the greetings program instead a loading screen) there is a simple tap version of the game without loading screen at the game folder (first link above, look for the file "radeblunnere2.tap").

Some screen caps, hope you like it! Cheers! :D :D :D

Furillo Productions' games can be downloaded here:
https://furilloproductions.itch.io/
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

Manic Miner - Big Bonus Edition

Download Here
jswmm discussion topic here

:)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

g0blinish wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:06 pm Image

pixteen
Cheers g0blinish,

What's exactly is this? My browser wouldn't let me download from the original link, so I got it from pouet. The readme mentions WinTVC and there is a .cas file. What machine is this aimed at?
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:37 pm What's exactly is this? My browser wouldn't let me download from the original link.
Does this link work for you?

It’s your standard sliding-tile (more like swapping-tiles) picture puzzle. Use the arrow keys + “0” to move the tiles around.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:54 pm

It’s your standard sliding-tile (more like swapping-tiles) picture puzzle. Use the arrow keys + “0” to move the tiles around.
Thanks. Got it. Ast to the rescue again.

I wonder what the bloody hell I downloaded from pouet?!
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 am I wonder what the bloody hell I downloaded from pouet?!
Something you probably shouldn’t mention in mixed company, I think. :?

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:13 am Something you probably shouldn’t mention in mixed company, I think. :?
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

R-Tape wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:37 pm
g0blinish wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:06 pm Image

pixteen
Cheers g0blinish,

What's exactly is this? My browser wouldn't let me download from the original link, so I got it from pouet. The readme mentions WinTVC and there is a .cas file. What machine is this aimed at?
here is an original game:
http://g0blinish.ucoz.ru/zxg/pixt_f.zip

sources:
http://g0blinish.ucoz.ru/zxg/pixt_src.zip

First game made for TVC when I meet computer, 2nd for ZX.
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

R-Tape wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 am
Ast A. Moore wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:54 pm

Thanks. Got it. Ast to the rescue again.

I wonder what the bloody hell I downloaded from pouet?!
Ain't file_id.diz enough ? xD
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

djnzx48 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:04 am Nice. Really like that animation in part 7.

Looks like the part 6 scroller is based on Extruder?
Yep, looks like a direct Rip Off (they just defined more letters). :lol:

The advantage of doing something distinctive, is that it is easily recognizable. :D

It would be nice to be credited, but anyway I haven't checked if they did or not. I have not been contacted in any way or form.
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

g0blinish wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 am Ambush
Neat, but hard as nails. Just as a Spectrum game should be. ;) A flicker fest, though.