Noob saying Hi with a pile of questions!

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
Pix Retro
Drutt

Noob saying Hi with a pile of questions!

Post by Pix Retro »

Firstly Hi all!

as there's no intro thread i'll just say hi and that i want to move away from facebook as my main source of speccy help as lets face it... it generally isnt helpful! :D

Anyhow...

I've recently recapped an issue 1 and an issue 3 Plus 2 machines... except for the tape drives...

I have a few issues so i either get easily distracted or just abandon stuff for a while.. which is a massive pain in the butt! lol

How do i tell which tape deck is for which model? and does it make a difference? i have cap kits for them both to fit but i havent worked out which is which at the moment!

Thanks in advance... expect many stupid questions! :D
Sokurah
Manic Miner

Re: Noob saying Hi with a pile of questions!

Post by Sokurah »

Pix Retro wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:02 am Firstly Hi all!

as there's no intro thread i'll just say hi and that i want to move away from facebook as my main source of speccy help as lets face it... it generally isnt helpful! :D

Anyhow...

I've recently recapped an issue 1 and an issue 3 Plus 2 machines... except for the tape drives...

I have a few issues so i either get easily distracted or just abandon stuff for a while.. which is a massive pain in the butt! lol

How do i tell which tape deck is for which model? and does it make a difference? i have cap kits for them both to fit but i havent worked out which is which at the moment!

Thanks in advance... expect many stupid questions! :D

Welcome :)

I can't help you with the tape drives, but I'm sure someone will come along and help.

However, there IS an intro thread. ;)
Website: Tardis Remakes / Mostly remakes of Arcade and ZX Spectrum games.
My games for the Spectrum: Dingo, The Speccies, The Speccies 2, Vallation & Sqij.
Twitter: Sokurah
Pix Retro
Drutt

Post by Pix Retro »

doh!

don't know how i didnt see that! I better go spam that up! :D

Thanks! :D
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

Do you mean you have two +2 (grey) models (these use a 9V power input)?

I don’t think it matters which tape deck goes with which machine.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Pix Retro
Drutt

Post by Pix Retro »

I thought that might be the case! Brill... I can get them sorted now! Thanks!
soretoez
Drutt

Post by soretoez »

Hi just in case this info helps anyone it may not be relevant to op's question I have both a Z70700 ISS1 and a Z0500 ISS3.
The ISS1 has brown connectors for the power and cassette, and the heatsink has a very small overhang about 10mm on the regulator side.
The ISS3 has white connectors for the power and cassette, and the heatsink has the same overhang but has an extra bit sticking out near the connectors.
The boards on the cassettes are a different shape as well

If I can sort my photobucket account out I'll put some pictures up.
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

Under the text edit box there is a “add image to post” link that you can use to include images. This is via postimages.org

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.