Predictive Search

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
User avatar
RMartins
Manic Miner
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Predictive Search

Post by RMartins » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:09 pm

RMartins wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:56 am
...
I intend to change the behaviour, so that it will only select an item, if we physically select an item, instead of defaulting to the first one on enter.
...
This behaviour was changed, it no longer auto focus to the list.

NOTE: Be sure to force a refresh (CTRL+5 on windows, CMD+Shift+R on MAC), to get the updated Javascript files.
0 x

hikoki
Manic Miner
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am

Re: Predictive Search

Post by hikoki » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am

It doesn't work on Safari version 9.0.
0 x

hikoki
Manic Miner
Posts: 402
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 am

Re: Predictive Search

Post by hikoki » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 am

hikoki wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am
It doesn't work on Safari version 9.0.
It works only that just on the right top search box. Nice addition
0 x

User avatar
ZXDunny
Manic Miner
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Predictive Search

Post by ZXDunny » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 am

Doesn't work at all here, Win10, Chrome latest. Deleted cookies, still nothing.
0 x

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Predictive Search

Post by PeterJ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:38 am

hikoki wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 am
hikoki wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am
It doesn't work on Safari version 9.0.
It works only that just on the right top search box. Nice addition
Correct. As per the first post, it's just the quick search. Does that work on Safari?
0 x

User avatar
PeterJ
Site Admin
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:19 pm
Location: Surrey, UK

Re: Predictive Search

Post by PeterJ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:39 am

ZXDunny wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 am
Doesn't work at all here, Win10, Chrome latest. Deleted cookies, still nothing.
I had to CTRL + F5 then reboot on W10.
0 x

User avatar
ZXDunny
Manic Miner
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Predictive Search

Post by ZXDunny » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:22 am

PeterJ wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:39 am
ZXDunny wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 am
Doesn't work at all here, Win10, Chrome latest. Deleted cookies, still nothing.
I had to CTRL + F5 then reboot on W10.
No effect here, I've cleared cookies, refreshed hard with CTRL+F5 and rebooted Win10.

Still no predictive search.
0 x

User avatar
RMartins
Manic Miner
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Predictive Search

Post by RMartins » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:40 am

NOTE: The only place where it's implemented right now, is on the quick search box. Top right corner.

I a bit confused, about the rest.

Doesn't run on Safari 9.0 ?
I'll check that.

Doesn't run on Chrome on Win10 ?
I checked Chrome, and it works, but you have to clear your cache, because the javascript file is being cached.
0 x

User avatar
RMartins
Manic Miner
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Predictive Search

Post by RMartins » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:42 am

ZXDunny wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:22 am
PeterJ wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:39 am
ZXDunny wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:18 am
Doesn't work at all here, Win10, Chrome latest. Deleted cookies, still nothing.
I had to CTRL + F5 then reboot on W10.
No effect here, I've cleared cookies, refreshed hard with CTRL+F5 and rebooted Win10.

Still no predictive search.
Did you notice that you need to use a different URL ?
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index_new.php
0 x

User avatar
RMartins
Manic Miner
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 pm

Re: Predictive Search

Post by RMartins » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:45 am

RMartins wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:40 am
Doesn't run on Safari 9.0 ?
I'll check that.
Just confirmed that it works, On Safari 12.1.1, if using the correct URL.
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/index_new.php

Anyone else, having issues?
0 x

Post Reply