New game: Andy's Escape

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
R-Tape
Site Admin

New game: Andy's Escape

Post by R-Tape »

Here's a simple AGD game I made as a gift for a workmate that retired at 50 (lucky git). It's just a daft bit of fun made very quickly.

Andy's Escape.

Collect the paypacket; get to the exit; Enjoy. It's only 1 screen but pretty hard.

Keys: left/right OP and Z for jump.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Re: New game: Andy's Escape

Post by Andre Leao »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:13 am Here's a simple AGD game I made as a gift for a workmate that retired at 50 (lucky git). It's just a daft bit of fun made very quickly.

Andy's Escape.

Collect the paypacket; get to the exit; Enjoy. It's only 1 screen but pretty hard.

Keys: left/right OP and Z for jump.
it´s damn hard, eheh. Shared at the usual place :)
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

I hope some day I will get my retirement easier than Andy! ;) Bloody hard!
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

50? Lucky fella. With the state of social security here, I will most probably be around 70 when I will be allowed to retire, which means more than 20 years yet to go... And the less said about the pension amount, the better :x

About the game: How on earth are you supposed to proceed when you cannot even fall off the first platform? :?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Alessandro wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:27 pm 50? Lucky fella. With the state of social security here, I will most probably be around 70 when I will be allowed to retire, which means more than 20 years yet to go... And the less said about the pension amount, the better :x
Oh god yes, I think it will be 70 or more by the time we get close enough. The good news is that we will be supremely healthy due to bionic enhancements and soylent green.
About the game: How on earth are you supposed to proceed when you cannot even fall off the first platform? :?
You can, it's all about timings. Some kind soul has provided an RZX.
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Holy Clive! :x
Spoiler
I didn't get that when Andy is knocked out that does not mean he's lost a life!
From there, it all gets straightforward enough.

EDIT: Completed it. Taxing yes, but not that hard. At least from the perspective of he who created Lost In My Spectrum - and earlier versions were way harder! :P :lol: