Clearing up our server

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Clearing up our server

Post by PeterJ »

Over the time the website has been active we have created lots of temporary folders. I'm just clearing up some of these (but not deleting anything!).

Let me know if you notice anything strange.

Peter
spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: Clearing up our server

Post by spider »

Thanks. :) Should hopefully go smoothly.

Spoilered note for Linux people:
Spoiler
Just be careful of RM ;) moreso if its being used with either -F or worse still -R (!) :oops:
Having said that, MV with the -F at least you can get them back again. :) Only annoyance I've had previously (on mine) were curious file/dir permissions being set for some reason, no doubt my fault but at least not difficult to put right.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Thanks [mention]spider[/mention]

The server does run.on Ubuntu 16.04 (I will upgrade to 18.04 at some point), and I use a mixture of Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Mint and Windows at home.
spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

Cent OS for me for servings. Its not 100% ideal probably (for me at least) but its what seems to be offered, just saves an awful lot of (me) messing about! :oops:

Elsewhere, desktops are various flavours of windoze unfortunately. I could not get on with the newer Ubuntu's despite trying them, and various flavours of them. I think I preferred the legacy Gnome desktop rather than the newer ones, and not been 100% keen on KDE but the latest ones look half decent.

Back on topic: All should be well "here" I'm quite sure. :) :)