New Software 2019

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Re: New Software 2019

Post by g0blinish »

This is my first attempt at programming an arcade game. I think there is a solution to avoid flicker.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

g0blinish wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:21 am Image

Ambush
Nice! Love the retro inside retro graphics :lol:
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

Ambush:Reloaded . Hope there are no flicker.
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

g0blinish wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:53 pm Ambush:Reloaded . Hope there are no flicker.
Oh, yeah! That’s much better. I even managed to shoot down one wave. The damn Ba**ards are wicked fast. :lol:
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Cool game, and not easy! This could be a candidate for multicolour.
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Brand new games from John Wilson of Zenobi (Pension Productions).

John says 'Over the past couple of months I have been doing a few games, mostly requests, but I thought you might like to add them to your collection ...'

This collection includes BulbDrag, Hut 31b (already in archive), and Thing36

Enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ls7iyrafodx6 ... VHDqa?dl=0

Please note that any Zenobi (Pension productions) titles should not be placed onto other sites without the permission of John. Cheers!
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

PeterJ wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:00 pm This collection includes BulbDrag, Hut 31b (already in archive), and Thing36
We have been announcing these in other threads, and R-Tape already has them queued up for the archive (I think).

This actual names of the games are...

Bulbo and the Blue Dragon
(A mini-adventure that was originally an Adventuron game)

The Hut
(Originally a mini-adventure "escape" game produced in an hour with Adventuron, before being converted to the Speccy)

From Out of the Snow
(A 'The Thing' inspired mini-adventure, written in a morning as a response to a challenge made on Twitter)

Escape to Murky Woods
(A tribute to John's rabbits.)

Solutions for all four of these are on SolutionArchive.com (if you get stuck!)
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

Some new tiltles here https://retrobits.itch.io
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Dear all, here is my fourth game... Moon's Fandom Festival

R-Tape: as always, please feel free to add it to the ZXDB :)

Guide & code here:
https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... omFestival

Download here in English:
https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... en_ver.tap

Download here in Spanish:
https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... sp_ver.tap

If you have Fuse+Spectranet (or a real Spectrum + Spectranet peripheral) you can try the Android TCP/IP Virtual Joystick and play wireless using your Android phone or tablet as a joystick with this version below (instructions to use it are in the first link):
https://github.com/Iadvd/Retrocomputing ... ck_ver.tap

This has been made with a new graphic adventure engine of my own that works under MK1 (La Churrera ver. 1 of The Mojon Twins). Its name is MGA+MK1 (MGA comes from "Mini Graphic Adventure"). Basically is a refurbishment of La Churrera MK1 removing all the unnecesary code for platform games and adapting the rest to play graphic adventures with two tiles-long characters. Over it, I have added a complete conversational layer (MGA engine) to be able to show conversations in real time and a selection menu to talk or give things to the characters of the game.

It is a first attempt, so probably a lot of things will be added, modified and adapted in the future.

Please let me know your thoughts if you play it. If you find bugs please let me know as well and I will fix them!
By the way... if you find poorly written English, please let me know to fix it.

Some screen caps, hope you like it! Cheers! :D :D :D

Furillo Productions' games can be downloaded here:
https://furilloproductions.itch.io/
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

iadvd wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:00 am Dear all, here is my fourth game... Moon's Fandom Festival
Oh wow. This looks pretty special. It's got a touch of Everyone's a Wally about it. Cheers!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Dear all, here is my fourth game... Moon's Fandom Festival
Wow, It's different from the usual AGD platformers that you get today. And it comes completely out of the blue, I believe there weren't
any previews.

I'll check it later
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

Happy to hear that! I tried something different... if somebody plays it this weekend it would be great to have some feedback, cheers! :D :D :D
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

iadvd wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:36 am Happy to hear that! I tried something different... if somebody plays it this weekend it would be great to have some feedback, cheers! :D :D :D
Tomorrow at 2 PM, full review will be available ;)
g0blinish
Manic Miner

Post by g0blinish »

Block Dude, it may buggy(or not)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

iadvd wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:00 am Dear all, here is my fourth game... Moon's Fandom Festival

R-Tape: as always, please feel free to add it to the ZXDB :)
I finally had chance to play this properly—it's good fun and great to see a fresh idea. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I've managed to get 2 icons and nearly made every character satisfied. The biggest flaw in the game is that there is so much repetition. For example, I accidently lost the access card a few times, and it takes ages checking and rechecking (and rechecking*) filing cabinets to get it back, and in the meantime I get the magic wand I already have several times. The same goes for 'collecting' the correct message for chatting—I'm waiting for a few specific ones and I keep getting the ones I've already used.

I had to look up some of the fandom references (I'm neither a Harry Potter nor Mecha officionado), but that was all part of the fun :)

Anyway, great game. Thanks! (I've been a bit lazy, but I'll include this in my part of next ZXDB update).

*why btw? how could that ever be fun for the player or necessary for the game?
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:27 pm
I finally had chance to play this properly—it's good fun and great to see a fresh idea. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I've managed to get 2 icons and nearly made every character satisfied. The biggest flaw in the game is that there is so much repetition. For example, I accidently lost the access card a few times, and it takes ages checking and rechecking (and rechecking*) filing cabinets to get it back, and in the meantime I get the magic wand I already have several times. The same goes for 'collecting' the correct message for chatting—I'm waiting for a few specific ones and I keep getting the ones I've already used.

I had to look up some of the fandom references (I'm neither a Harry Potter nor Mecha officionado), but that was all part of the fun :)

Anyway, great game. Thanks! (I've been a bit lazy, but I'll include this in my part of next ZXDB update).

*why btw? how could that ever be fun for the player or necessary for the game?
Thanks for checking it! yes, yes you are totally right about the amount of time required to obtain a correct item. I have been testing it for weeks, not finding for this game a satisfactory solution. Every time you search for something everything depends on a random number, if the numbers is a certain probability value, you find something. But the "something" that you found is also random. So it is like for instance very similar to this:

Search something > Random number from 0 to 17 > if random number is not 0 then bad luck nothing was found; if = 0 then generate a second random number, and according to that number provide to the character the associated object to that random number...

I need to fine tune both the probability required in the step 1 to be successful finding an object and then maybe avoiding a second random number to get an object and just rotate and provide the next object of the list, so the objects just rotate when they are found, so you always find a new ("next" of the list) object :)

I will amend this for the next one. At least if you insist it finally appears, just a question of 1 minute. I need to rethink that part for sure! :) :)
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

iadvd wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:29 am Search something > Random number from 0 to 17 > if random number is not 0 then bad luck nothing was found; if = 0 then generate a second random number, and according to that number provide to the character the associated object to that random number...

I need to fine tune both the probability required in the step 1 to be successful finding an object and then maybe avoiding a second random number to get an object and just rotate and provide the next object of the list, so the objects just rotate when they are found, so you always find a new ("next" of the list) object :)
It would be nice to get objects a bit more frequently. It would be even nicer if an object does not reappear after it has been successfully used, but that's more difficult to implement than your 'next object' idea.

By the way, what is "You've been rackrolled" a reference to?
iadvd
Dizzy

Post by iadvd »

R-Tape wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:47 pm
iadvd wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:29 am Search something > Random number from 0 to 17 > if random number is not 0 then bad luck nothing was found; if = 0 then generate a second random number, and according to that number provide to the character the associated object to that random number...

It would be nice to get objects a bit more frequently. It would be even nicer if an object does not reappear after it has been successfully used, but that's more difficult to implement than your 'next object' idea.

By the way, what is "You've been rackrolled" a reference to?
Thanks for the ideas!!! You've been rackrolled is a modified word for Rickrolled... I also write Ghastbusters and X-flies in other conversations of the game... :D :D :D well you know what Rickrolling is... ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ScGV5128A
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

iadvd wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:09 pm well you know what Rickrolling is...
I do now!
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Post by Joefish »

I haven't played it, but rather than generating a random number on demand to add an object, it always makes for fairer gameplay if a list of needed objects are randomly distributed to fixed places at the start of the game, then the game designed so that they can't be disposed of until they're used. Just like shuffling a pack of cards, rather than generating a playing card at random when dealt.
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Post by 8BitAG »

This one, from April, seems to have missed the updates:
The Revenge of Moriarty
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1480

:)
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.
zapiy
Drutt

Post by zapiy »

mzx wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:07 am The Malignant Gore (Sanctum Games)

Do we know the coder of this game?

Cheers
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Great new version of the classic Bruce Lee:

https://highriser.itch.io/bruce-lee-rx

Spruced up graphics and it's still a joy to play.
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »