Help Wanted - Tau Ceti

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Robbeasy
Dizzy

Help Wanted - Tau Ceti

Post by Robbeasy »

Hi,

Loved this game, just come across the Special edition and really enjoying revisiting , only I have no idea how to access the timevaults - does anyone out there remember how its done? Its the only bit thats different from the original and I cant find instructions anywhere :(

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Daren
Manic Miner

Re: Help Wanted - Tau Ceti

Post by Daren »

Maybe this walkthrough can help?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28v89oAxZXE
Robbeasy
Dizzy

Post by Robbeasy »

i know its three years later, but thanks anyway :)

Just finished the Special Edition for the first time - satisfaction off the scale :) :)
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Never tried Tau Ceti in earnest, though I remember playing Academy and starting to 'get into' it (as in, faintly realised what I had to do and didn't die immediately).

Was looking for Tau Ceti on eBay for a bit, I think copies of the version in the big-strange-shaped-box seem to be rare - and pricey. If you still have an original copy where the cardboard is in good condition you could probably be sitting on a small fortune.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
Robbeasy
Dizzy

Post by Robbeasy »

Oh the regrets - i definitely had that version when i was a kid, i remember the box and everything.

Now I just have the tape in its cassette with 'inner box' written on it.. :(

Also - Elite with its Lenslok and novel missing. Otherwise in good condition. I'm told that could have been worth a bob or two as well.