BasinC oddnesses

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
Fahnn
Microbot

Re: BasinC oddnesses

Post by Fahnn »

ASH-II wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:08 am As the author of BASin has said it might have a few bugs and it will be fixed but not yet (and he is hinting it will be merged into a shiny new Spin :) )

so if you are having an issue with saving then save as a .bas and before you exit basin just copy the text into notepad and save that.
if the .bas fails (1 in 10 chance) then paste the text from the saved notepad. nothing has been lost.

As you yourself say the advantages to using BASin far outway a little save/load glitch.
Yes, I'll persevere, as it really is a fantastic tool for writing BASIC. Knowing that the listing can be retrieved from a non-working .bas file certainly makes it easier to deal with any potential errors of this kind that might happen in the future. Fingers crossed it doesn't become a regular thing though!
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Post by ZXDunny »

You might like to send me the offending .bas file for examination. When I do eventually get around to working in BASin again I can fix the issue.

[email protected]
hikoki
Manic Miner

Post by hikoki »

ZXDunny wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:57 pm You might like to send me the offending .bas file for examination. When I do eventually get around to working in BASin again I can fix the issue.

[email protected]
[mention]ZXDunny[/mention] please try this, rename a .bas file with a very long name and open it with Basin